FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys at the FALFiles sent me here.

Been lookin (rather lusting) at the FNP-45.

Looks like a great gun, I like that it comes with 3 mags, a rail, etc.

Is there any reason I shouldnt get one?

If I do get one what else (besides more ammo) should I get with it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
873 Posts
No reason I can think of.

I love mine.

Very low perceived recoil.

Functions with every type of defensive ammo I've tried.

Highly accurate.

Get one.

:?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Can't think of any reason either not to get the FNP-45, its a very nice gun. I have a FNP-40 and I like it very much... I've been thinking about adding a FNP-45 to my collection as well. :?

·
Registered
35 Posts
this is the first and only gun I own. it is highly accurate, easy to handle, easy on the wallet and will shoot whatever you feed it. the only negative thing I can think of (it may not even be a negative to some people) is that there isn't a safety on it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The sheer size of it.....I don't mind it but some others do.
Yeah its big, but it was never intended to be a CC weapon. This one goes on your side. :shock:

·
Banned
93 Posts
The only reason you shouldn't get one is because it is addictive to shoot and .45 isn't exactly cheap these days.

Yes, it has a fat grip. It has to when it holds 14rnds. of .45 hellfire!

I love mine, can't put the damn thing down. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
+ 1 on all the +'s above It is a good shooter! you will love it! :D

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Why buy an FN when you can have an HK? Soooo many different choices:
1. HK45
2. HK45C
3. HK USP 45
4. HK USP Compact 45
5. USP Compact Tactical 45
6. HK USP Tactical 45
7. USP Expert 45
and the Mother of them all
MK23
Quote:
HECKLER & KOCH MarK 23 PISTOL

The MK23 gives shooters absolute match grade accuracy - yet they exceed the most stringent operational requirements ever demanded of a combat handgun.

One of the most thoroughly tested handguns in history, the MK23/MARK 23 project originated in 1991 when HK began development for the U.S. Special Operations Command, the unit that directs the activities of America’s most elite military units, including the NAVY SEALS and the Army Special Forces. Following stringent comparative trials, on May 1st, 1996 the Mk23 was adopted as a service pistol under the designation MK23 MOD.O.

Among others the following tests had to be passed successfully:

30,000 round endurance firing test with + P ammunition
Extreme temperatures +73°C/-54°C
96 hours saline mist test
Sand, dust and sludge tests
96 hour surf simulation
Harshest drop tests
Accuracy and the highest precision
The frame mounted de-cocking lever, separate from the ambidextrous safety lever, allows the hammer to be lowered safely and quietly. When the hammer is down, the ambidextrous frame mounted safety lever is locked in fire position so that the pistol is always ready for Single Action operation. During testing, the USP had to meet the most stringent operational and accuracy requirements ever demanded of a combat handgun. Endurance testing demonstrated a service life of over 30,000 rounds of + P ammunition. To meet the reliability requirement, the pistol had to demonstrate a minimum of 2000 mean rounds between stoppage (MRBS). All pistols in the test exceeded the 2000 MRBS with an average of 6000 rounds.

In more than 450 accuracy test firings from a precision firing fixture, MK23 pistols far exceeded the US Government requirement, averaging under 37 mm.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Not dissing HKs here, but they are considerably more expensive than the FNP-45, and there is the issue of HK's ummm... indifference to the civilian market.

I've fired them, they are quality, but at the price they had better be.

Are they better than the FN? I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I dont mind HK's but I will NOT buy one.
I cannot support such an anti gun company who refuses to make/sell rifles for us petty civilians.

FN has consistantly made guns available to normal people (FAL, CAL, FNC, PS90, FS2000, etc)

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
HK is NOT anti-gun. :twisted: If you knew anything you'd know that HK IMPORTS ALL their firearms. I've heard HK is planning on opening a plant here in the US so they can get around that stupid fracking IMPORT BAN of NON SPORTING RIFLES/FIREARMS. Do you have any idea of what its going to cost HK to open a plant here? They are taking a HUGE risk, considering fracking Democrats might get elected and BAN "ASSALUT" weapons again. Which if that happens FN'S fracked also. By the way, how can a gun company be anti-gun?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Furyataurus said:
HK is NOT anti-gun. :twisted: If you knew anything you'd know that HK IMPORTS ALL their firearms. I've heard HK is planning on opening a plant here in the US so they can get around that stupid fracking IMPORT BAN of NON SPORTING RIFLES/FIREARMS. Do you have any idea of what its going to cost HK to open a plant here? They are taking a HUGE risk, considering fracking Democrats might get elected and BAN "ASSALUT" weapons again. Which if that happens FN'S fracked also. By the way, how can a gun company be anti-gun?????
Yes the plant in partner with wilcox. And the owner made it VERY clear he will not sell to civilians

“The potential is huge,” said Teetzel, a York, Maine resident, who moved his operations to 25 Piscataqua Road from the Pease Tradeport two years ago. “We don’t sell commercial product. It’s strictly for the defense of our county. And we don’t sell overseas.”

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070823/NEWS/70823011

·
Banned
93 Posts
Guys lets not get our panties in a twist over HK.

HK makes excellent, reliable, accurate polymer guns. In my eyes FN seems to have done the same with the FNP. Price does not make for a reliable and accurate weapon, as my Glocks can attest. It's all about what you want and how the pistol fits for you. Across the board my polymer HKs, Glocks, and FN all with zero failures of any kind with any of them. Did price dictate this? No, design did.

HK customer service is lax. Most HK owners are not pleased with having to pay for overnight shipping both ways to return a pistol to them for warranty repair, something a company like S&W pays for out of their own pocket. Try getting parts for a P7 from HK, I dare you. But do HK's ever break... very rarely.

As far as HK being "anti-gun" thats just rediculous. HK is one company that seems to want you to have all the decent (and fun) firearms that the government would rather keep out of the hands of civi's. HK bought us the SL8 and the USC as civillian versions of the G36 and UMP. Because the SL8 and USC lack all the "evil" features they are able to be sold in almost every jurisdiction that will allow for the sale of long arms. In some states you can even take this a step furthur and convert your SL8 or USC into an exact copy of the G36 and UMP. You cite FN and the PS90, is this not the same exact story? Also, there are plans to bring a civillian 416 to the states. How a firearms company could be "anti-gun" I haven't the foggiest idea.

Lets all put down the keyboard, mouse, and jug of Kool-Aid and get on the firing line! 8)

P.S. Also, you left out one of the features of the Mk23 which is "tactical boat anchor". :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Think SIG.

Thank you, have a nice day. :p

·
Registered
412 Posts
Think SIG.

Thank you, have a nice day.
TA you have a one track mind! :twisted:

I like it! :D

+1 :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I love my H&K .45 usp and will never part with it. It is extremely fun to shoot and very very reliable. Not to mention i picked it up new for 719.00. between my sig and usp...ill take my usp any day of the week :)

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
That article stated they will be producing .45 pistols and rifles, not 416/417 or any other types of HK products only 45's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts