FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one knows if the FNP-45 can use +P rounds? I can not find anything about it anywhere. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Given that it was designed for the military which typically test firearms with thousands upon thousands of +P rounds, I seriously doubt it would be an issue. I wouldn't practice with them, if for no other reason price, but for defense they should be fine. I doubt that you'd even be able to tell the difference when shooting them.

Andrew

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Ruger P series .45 has no issue with +P loads..so it's safe to assume that the FN wont either. Most any modern firearm can handle the higher pressure rounds easily. I wouldnt go shooting +p out of a vintage .45 or anything though :-x

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've fired Hornady XTP +P in mine and to be honest I could barely tell the difference from regular pressure ammo. I don't see it being a probleam at all, as long as it is factory loaded to SAAMI specification.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you already own this gun, then you know it is built like a :grin: !! I am amazed at how massive and well made the slide is. FN really knows what they are doing.

I have also fired a few mags of Winchester's STX +P 45 ammo out of the beast.

On my 1st range trip I was very aware of each shot, and noticed some additional muzzle flip with the hot rounds.

I also shot a few last night, and I was enjoying the gun and having fun. I would load 2 normal ball rounds, and then 1 +P round. With a rather speedy firing sequence, I could not tell which rounds were the hot 1's. The gun soaked it up very well.

I have NO probs firing +P from this weapon. It is built to take it.

The gun is new to me, so I wanted to test it in a controlled environment (range) so that I can feel confident if I have to use it (legal CCW encounter).

Nobody fires +P on a regular basis. I don't see myself firing more than 30 rnds of +P a year from this. 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would not surprise me if this pistol could even handle .45 Super... it is indeed built like a tank... My only worry is the amount of unsupported case below the feed-ramp, it is reminicent of a Glock in that regard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does this hold true for the FNP-9... Just bought some HORNADAY-TAPs for the home... Any problems?... Or is something better?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts