FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's a bit of a turnaround for me, especially after we discussed this before, but I kinda like it too...

I believe that is a USG model with a safety instead of a decocker, and the serrations on the front of the slide.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wish someone would line one of those up with the FNP-9. I would think of sticking with a .45 platform if it was a really thin grip. However, that thing holds a lot of rounds, so I'm guessing it is either thick or tall. I could go for a standard sized pistol like the others even if I only could get about 10 rounds in there!

I love the two tone myself.

I notice that the two tone has serations on the front like the USG whereas the plain one has no serations. The FNP-9 seems to only have the front serations on the USG model.

Nice looking big bore.

·
Banned
24 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the 45 - the grip has to be chunky based on capacity...the only other option would be a staggered mag like the HK45 but then you are down to 10 rounds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe that is a USG model with a safety instead of a decocker, and the serrations on the front of the slide.
The USG can be carried "cocked and locked" or it can be decocked. Those SHOT SHOW pistols we prototype USG models so, they aren't final.

As for the grip, it's worlds better then an HK USP as far as bulk and chunkiness go. It seemed to be better then an STI 2011 for example. The DA/SA and USG 45ACP models were all really impressive at SHOT. I was less impressed with the smaller 9mm and 40S&W models.

With an MSRP of ~$600 FN has a winner on its hands with the FNP-45.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hope they'll introduce a model with high(er) profile sights and a a threaded barrel. Normally forward cocking serrations aren't something I find particularly attractive, but they seem well done on this particular model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had chance to hold them and grip was not as bad as an USP. The grip feels just about the size of FNP, maybe slightly larger. For some odd reason it felt like magazine release is a bit different from each side. When I was pushing from right hand side it was short, but from left it was a little more push. Could be an illusion though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will definately get when as soon as they show up. I really hope they bring out a compact to compete with the HK45c. It would offer similar quality with almost 1/2 the price. The HK 45c around here are 919.00!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts