FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Methinks FNH overestimated the demand for the "Matte Stainless" version.
Most folks here seem to like the black or USG versions.

If you look at Davidson's gun finder with any regularity you will see that the black versions of any FNP model go fast, but the raw stainless slide versions are still sitting in their warehouse in large numbers.

Almost makes me wonder how much it would cost to have a slide done in a black finish on my own. Or maybe even a nice O.D. finish.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep my FNP-40 and wait for the FNP-45 smoke to clear...pardon the pun. If my previous experience remains true, the price will drop sharply after about 12-18 months.

Is anyone selling the FNP-357?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Bud's (One of this site's sponsors) has some in stock now I do believe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Methinks FNH overestimated the demand for the "Matte Stainless" version.
Most folks here seem to like the black or USG versions.

If you look at Davidson's gun finder with any regularity you will see that the black versions of any FNP model go fast, but the raw stainless slide versions are still sitting in their warehouse in large numbers.

Almost makes me wonder how much it would cost to have a slide done in a black finish on my own. Or maybe even a nice O.D. finish.
Yeah Im not digging the bi-tone. Ill wait for black or FDE?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh but its soo pre-taaay!

·
Registered
412 Posts
That is Nice!
I haven't seen this or black FNP's here in Columbus Ohio! Only thing available here is 2-tone! I would prefer the black but have to live with 2-tone!
First black I seen was being held by an FN rep for a giveaway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
See, I only like the bi-tone...
+1

I had a heck of a time finding any FNP-9 in stock, all black or two-tone. Now that I have the stainless, I don't think I would ever want the all black. The two-tone is awesome looking.
I think my problem is the black versions look kind of dull, like powdery. Maybe it's just the pics that I have seen.

·
Registered
412 Posts
redduck21502 wrote:
I had a heck of a time finding any FNP-9 in stock, all black or two-tone. Now that I have the stainless, I don't think I would ever want the all black. The two-tone is awesome looking.
I have 3 of them all 2-tone 9mm, .40 S&W, 45. They've grown on me!
+1 :?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought about taking my slide to Gander Mountain and have them send it off to Walter Birdsong to have it coated in Black-T.

·
Registered
109 Posts
got my black one off GB last night for 499 and it shipped priority today. Went by the FN dealer here to see one today and had a sticker of 689 and he was willing to make me a "deal" for 639 plus tax. even thought I get ripped for a $50 transfer I still came out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm just waiting for my "economic stimulus" check from Uncle Sam and I'll be hitting Gunbroker myself, but I'll be looking at the bi-tone .45, unless there is a very sweet discount on the all black.

Here's to stimulating the economy!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm just waiting for my "economic stimulus" check from Uncle Sam and I'll be hitting Gunbroker myself, but I'll be looking at the bi-tone .45, unless there is a very sweet discount on the all black.

Here's to stimulating the economy!!!
I don't want to get off topic, but is this going to be another tax LOAN like last time? I haven't heard concrete evidence that we will not have to pay it back next year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its a straight disbursal, from a relative in the IRS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2 cents regarding the black finish, for those on the fence:

I thought the same thing regarding the 'powder' looking finish on the black model at the store. However, after cleaning and oiling the gun, the 'powder' look is gone and looks awesome now. I did not specifically oil the exterior of the slide, but it was 'oiled' just from handling it with an oily rag and paw. I loathe to comment on the finish using house paint terms, but I'll just say the black is how it should look.

It's too bad FN can't take the powder off before it ships. They might sell even more!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bi-tone

I just purchased my first handgun at 44 years of age and I went with the FNP-45 bi-tone. I was set on an all black but while sitting on the fence on which gun to buy (FN, SA, Glock, S&W, HK) the bi-tone kinda grew on me. I think I like that it's a matte Stainless, not so shiny. When the dealer chopped $50 off of the bi-tone, SOLD. Out the door, BNIB FNP45 Bi-tone $563.25 I have no idea if that is a good deal, but I'm happy with it and I guess that's what matters.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Re: Bi-tone

pegleg618 said:
I just purchased my first handgun at 44 years of age and I went with the FNP-45 bi-tone. I was set on an all black but while sitting on the fence on which gun to buy (FN, SA, Glock, S&W, HK) the bi-tone kinda grew on me. I think I like that it's a matte Stainless, not so shiny. When the dealer chopped $50 off of the bi-tone, SOLD. Out the door, BNIB FNP45 Bi-tone $563.25 I have no idea if that is a good deal, but I'm happy with it and I guess that's what matters.
:? :?

Enjoy the new gun :?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts