FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing some posts requesting this a while ago. Found it in the 2008 Browning Parts Catalog for the Pro 9/40

Exploded:

Parts List:

Shipwreck, I don't believe this violates any rules/policies. It's available for free at the Browning site. Delete if you see fit...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
leper65 said:
Shipwreck, I don't believe this violates any rules/policies. It's available for free at the Browning site. Delete if you see fit...
No, its fine. I'll make it a "sticky" as well. Thanks!

·
Banned
169 Posts
When ya sit down and take a gander at it, thats ALLOT of parts<<

Only problem is the parts are Browning numbers, not FN's.

First Sarge, I'm a retired Senior Master ( F-16 Ammo Troop), out of the South Carolina ANG.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HOLY COW - the Glock 17 trigger is basically 3 parts below the slide! My goodness my FNP-9 has a lot of parts in there!!!
(I must say that although I've mastered the Glock trigger, the FNP is a much more enjoyable trigger to use at the range.)

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
xorbe said:
HOLY COW - the Glock 17 trigger is basically 3 parts below the slide! My goodness my FNP-9 has a lot of parts in there!!!
(I must say that although I've mastered the Glock trigger, the FNP is a much more enjoyable trigger to use at the range.)
If I recall correctly, the Glock has a total of 29(?) parts in the whole pistol.

Very simple design.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd throw away part 32. If I got hold of the Browning Pro. :D

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
toadold said:
I'd throw away part 32. If I got hold of the Browning Pro. :D
You don't like manual safeties? I have it on my 9 USG and carry it cocked and locked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Part 32 is a magazine disconnect peculiar to the Browning versions.
Pull the magazine and Browning no worky. Can make dry fire function check a pain.
FN models don't have it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
ah, I was thinking of the wrong thing. I believe the Browning's are no longer made (although I've seen them floating around in Gander Mountains I've been to).

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem, if I were really smart I wouldn't have to be saving bottle caps to get an FNP.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Some of the parts are different. The trigger group and that area is pretty similar. The Fire Control Group in the back is also a little bit different and I'm not sure on the corresponding parts. Obviously some parts have to be enlarged/strengthened for the 45 as it's a larger gun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
id say the schematic is considerably out dated lots of differences on there compared to the current pistols. is there anywhere to get a current schematic?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Capt. Insano said:
id say the schematic is considerably out dated lots of differences on there compared to the current pistols. is there anywhere to get a current schematic?
The only difference to the current FNP 9/40's is that the Pro-9 has a mag safety (no mag, gun won't fire). Other than that it looks fine.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Oh yeah, one piece sear in the pic, good eye :?

·
Registered
27 Posts
does anyone know what happened to the pictures?? i was wanting to take a look-see, and they are broken (for me at least)!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.