FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a quick question for you FNP-9 owners out there: after firing a round, in which direction does the casing tend to eject?

I'm asking because I might be in the market for an FNP-9 here in the next few months and I have yet to find a range that has an FNP-9 for rent or find someone locally who owns one and would be kind enough to let me shoot a few rounds through it to really see how I would like it, so I'm really having to go off of its reputation.

I recently rented a Sig P226 and a Glock 21 and both of them really annoyed me by ejecting casings right back into my face for some reason. I don't think I'd enjoy the purchase of a gun that had the habit of doing this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive got an FNP9-M. The cases normally eject (that is, if Im not using my roommates handloads...another story entirely) about 3 feet behind me and to the right. I will *occasionally* have some bounce off my head or hit me in the face...probably like 2 out of 100.

Funny how my roommate has been handloading for over a year, and his loads wont feed OR eject properly. Yet the first 200 I cranked out worked flawlessly...Eh, whatever. S&B always feeds properly! Same with Federal Hydrashok.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Generally to the right and back. I have fired thousands of rounds through my 9 and .40 and can't remember being pegged by any of them. If I have, it wasn't bad enough to leave an impression.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Glocks have hit me in the face a few times....and also have shot straight up and landed on the brim of my "aussie hat"....hehehe....BUT the FNp9 has not done any of that yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
FNP-9 ejection

In 500-600 rounds I have only been tapped in the head on one occasion- all others eject about 3-4 feet to the right and behind me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts