FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

newbie ( to FN anyway) here...just bought my first FN (FNP-9). Quite impressed with feel/design so far.

I want to do a thorough cleaning before first outing , but can't quite figure out how the slide catch lever , decocker lever/hammer and trigger assembly comes out ?

Will probably also do a control lever polish job afterbreakin ( just for asthestics)

any/all help with assembly/dis-assembly greatly appreciated

thanks.....bob

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'd tell ya, but I don't have one. I'm sure a fellow FNP owner will see this soon, though. It is the holidays, so things are a bit slower.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ShipWreck......though I am new to this forum, can I suggest if we can get these assembly/dis-assembly procedures identified ( like the mag reversal above) that we make it a "Sticky"..for easy future reference ?

thanks again

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
OK, I'll do that if someone makes a good explanation.

Usually the manual has pics and shows how to do it. That didn't help?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FN supp;ied manual only covers field stripping. It does not cover control lever, mag release, slide catch, hammer,trigger removal/assembly. FN manual doesn't even include parts diagram...I have been using the Browning PRO version, though fire controll/decocker assembly is different...the rest appears the same.

thanks for any help with this...I consider these basic maintenence steps, but FN may not want to encourage dis-assembly beyond field stripping

regards

bob

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have taken the fire control assembly out and removed the mag safety but that is as far as it goes. I wanted to take the rest apart but there was something that was stopping me. I will have to look to see what it was.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fnp9 assembly

Cooter..thanks..I would consider that as 2/3rds of the way there . if you could describe those steps in detail ( particularily fire control assemble) that would be great.

I am slightly mis-trained by my past expierence of looking for roll pins and other steel devices in all metal frames.

any & all help here is appreciated

thanks
again

bob da fn-oobie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts