FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, my wife and I went to a big outdoor gun show today and compared on the range my FNP9 and a HK 2000 V1 that was a demo.
Honest to God, I am pleased that I bought the FN. Both of us liked it better than the HK. When I told my wife we saved about $300 by buying the FN, she went over to the store and bought an FNP 9M for herself.
FNH USA is really on to something here. I hope that they do not blow it as Sig is beginning to do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 5/16th of an " shorter but the height is between 1/4 and 3/8 " lower.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good post doc. I agree that FNP's compare favorably to the other top name pistols like HK and Sig. My FNP9 feels exactly like the Sig 229 in my hand with the exception of the FNP9 being lighter. Shoots just as accuratley and so far proves to be just as reliable and about 4 to 5 hundred cheaper. I plan on buying more FNP's before the secret gets out and the price goes up. Ray Tanner has already raised his price on Gunbroker for the FNP9 black by $25.00

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that by purchasing 3-4 FNP9's now I can show a 15-20% profit in a year by holding on to them. I have to check with the Chief Procurer but I am sure she will go along with it.
Worst case I see is a break even , even factoring in for inflation. :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dealer costs on these must be around $300 bucks. The retail price for these are all over the board. Before I bought mine from Ray Tanner I was quoted prices from local dealers anywhere between 450 and 500 bucks. A great gun even at that price. You can still get them from Ray Tanner at 375 I beleive. He does not have any auctions currently due to the fact he is on vacation right now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are absolutely correct. There are real deals out there now. In six months, if this sear problem reported on this forum is not real, I think the low end prices will soar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts