FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after purchasing my new FNP-9 and reading all of the issues with finding a holster that fits, I decided to begin looking for Holsters that fit just right and perfect that work with this model firearm. Here are my findings.

1. Bladetech Holster and mag combo (shooters pack) DUH perfect fit. Im not a huge fan of the paddle platform provided but it is sufficient.

2. Blackhawk SERPA holster in carbon fiber finish. Is made for the Sig Pro 2022. Holster was a great fit. Only complaint was the polymer was a little high above the retention device and was rubbing my hand when I gripped the firearm. A Utitility knife and some sand paper fixed that with a quickness! Now functions like it was made for it!

2. Custom holster I had made by a buddy of mine. Had it made for my Glock22 with TLR1 about a week before I sold my glock. Paid $70 for it. Put the FNP9 in it with and without the light and it fits the FNP with or without the light better that it did for the glock. Just perfect. This has the belt slide and rides close to the body.

3. Uncle Mikes level 3 duty holster designed to fit the full size H&K USP9. This fit is perfect. The level 3 option works as it did with the H&k and still draws naturally. Only complaint is the thumb snap is hard to get snapped closed because this gun isn't as tall. Still works great though!

4. Last is my Safariland SLS designed for a Glock 21 with TLR light option. This is my primary duty rig and this functions perfect. Holds weapon secure and tension screws can further be tightened for a more "snug" fit. I am looking to get a basketweave Glock 21 holster to replace the uncle mikes one above ;)

Let me know what ya'll think and as I run accross more I will Update!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice. I carry my FNP40 USG in the Serpa for the Sig. May be looking to get a 5.11 Thumbdrive rig if they make it for the FNP.

KW

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you don't like the paddle configuration of the blade-tech you can swap out the mounting hardware to a belt platform or the tech-lok. The earlier shooters packs came with the 1.5" belt loop which works fine for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have the Belt slide attachment too but I havent swapped it over. Unless im working an off duty job or something of that sort, I like to be able to take it on/off without removing the belt. Im sure I will swap out configurations several times before I find the one that is just right.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Very nice post :shock:

That's the first 'tan' shooter's pack I've seen. I had a black one with mine (which I sold last year as I never used it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts