FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a used FNP 9 with very weak mag springs. I learned on the forums that this was a common problem, but no where did I see where anyone had found suitable replacements.
I called Brownells and several other likely outlets with no luck. It didn't even occur to me to contact FNH. I got referred to the Browning parts dept. where I spoke with a very helpful fellow named Shannon. He said he thought the FNX spring would work and sent me the 3 that I needed($2 each, wow!). When they arrived they were noticeably longer and maybe heavier wire too. They were a real trial to stuff into the magazine, but when I did, by all indications they will work fine. They actuate the slide stop very positively, I haven't had time to carry it to the range yet but when I do, I expect no problems. Ought to feed like a bandit.
Just wanted to pass along the info in case it helps someone else. Browning- 855-536-4872
Lee

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Good to hear. There are a fair number of parts that can be interchangeable from the FNX to FNP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts