FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys back again hoping you can educate me on another topic i haven't really looked into. Im practicing for my Conceal Carry range test and i want to know your experience/opinion on good self defense or carry ammo for the FNP 9. I want to make sure i practice with what i am going to be carrying. Usually just use FMJ's at the range and looking to see the difference between FMJ's and carry ammo such as hollow points and so on. Anyone that could point me in the right direction would be a great help.

thanks guys! Stay safe and alert out there, you never know whats around the corner!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Winchester PDX-1 bonded in a 165Gr JHP in one of my magazines for my FNP-40. Hornday Critical Defense 155 XTP in the other. Spare mag is split 50/50 with both.

Just got some SXZ 180gr. FMJ for requals tomorrow. Want to try their 180 gr. JHP sometime soon.

Reactions: ChrisHall22

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
i want to know your experience/opinion on good self defense or carry ammo for the FNP 9
I've had to use Corbon a couple of times. It performed well both times. When I carry a 9mm I still use the round.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I like 124 gr Speer Gold Dots.

I like the way they've opened up shooting wet paper and water jugs (compared it to 124 gr Double Tap once, which I wasn't terribly impressed with)

I've used Corbon in my old 45 (230 gr +p). That was a stout round.

I don't think you'll have any issues with any of the current bonded ammo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like 124 gr Speer Gold Dots.

I like the way they've opened up shooting wet paper and water jugs (compared it to 124 gr Double Tap once, which I wasn't terribly impressed with)

I've used Corbon in my old 45 (230 gr +p). That was a stout round.

I don't think you'll have any issues with any of the current bonded ammo.
Great thanks a lot man

·
Registered
379 Posts
i've been hearing a lot of people using this round definitely going to put some down range and try it out!
I think DJV38 uses that round for defense in his FNP9 exclusively. not sure though.

Dan, don't you have a lot of experience with the Speer Gold Dot??

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
That's all I use at the moment. I wouldn't hesitate to use Ranger T or some of the Corbons though (although Corbon generally costs quite a bit more because I can only find 20 round boxes of it)

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's all I use at the moment. I wouldn't hesitate to use Ranger T or some of the Corbons though (although Corbon generally costs quite a bit more because I can only find 20 round boxes of it)
This is exactly why I use Winchester Ranger T. Not only is an excellent defense round, but since it is not sold commercially (LE only by Winchester company policy) it is about half the price of commercial self defense ammunition.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts