FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I whack on the sights too hard (don't like having those oops moments anymore), they are adjustable in the dovetail...without set screws or pins...right? I tapped on front and rear gently and got no movement. I'm ready to progress to more "persuasion" and from the schematics it looks like I only need to hit them a bit harder to drift them.

The dang thing shoots about 7 inches to the left at 25 yards from a rest...groups aren't too bad, but the 7 inches is really unacceptable.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
30 Posts
i think to be frank the fnp sights are put on wrong becose i notes that my front sight was off so i send mine in to be fix becose my fnp was mess up
and i forgot to say any thing about the sight but when i got my gun back they fix the sight and the problem i had whit the fnp i was wow i guess they saw it and fix it you mite want to call them and see what they can tell you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would try to find a local Gun Smith with a Sight Pushing Tool. Sometimes a well equipped range will have one that you can use. I wouldn't hit it with anything. This isn't a car bumper you are trying to line up. Coming at any fine firearm with a hammer is almost always ill-advised unless you are an engraver.
:D

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Call FN - if they are off, they will probably pick up the tab on shipping bothw ays.

Have someone else try it though, to make sure it isn't you. That's a pretty far range to shoot. Is it dead center at 7-10 yards?

When I shoot 25 yards, i don't hit where I am aiming at exactly with any gun. That's too far for me. I can hit a target, but not that well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been wondering about this. At 30 feet, I shoot an inch high and an inch to the right -- with about 80% consistency. I checked a CZ 75 B out from the range desk and hit right below the bullseye, but dead on center. My personal shooting weakness is vertical -- I'm usually online, but above or below the bullseye, so my own gun (the FNP) is the only one I consistently shoot to the right. I guess a trip to the gun doctor (either locally or FN) is in order, right?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Maybe, maybe not.

I have a USPc - and it is the ONLY gun I have where I always shot low. I prev had a fullsize 9mm USp and never had this issue. i SWORE the gun's sights were off until I put the gun on sandbags and fired at 7 yards.

Dead on accurate. Itw as me - something about that 1 gun... As I pull the trigger, it moves the barrel down. Took about 800-1000 rounds of practicing to get over this with that 1 gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Maybe, maybe not.
It sounds like more practice is the best way to do a diagnosis. Darn it -- I'll just have to stop by the range after work today!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts