FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im looking at buying a 9mm, primary purpose will be carry/ccw, but i will probably give it one heck of a workout at the range too... im not afriad to put 200+ rounds through a firearm at the range in one session, namely i believe that knowing my weapon intimately is the single best thing i can do if i plan on it saving my life...

so what i want to know is if anyone has experience with both the FNP-9 and the Px4 Storm, and if people can give me the pros and cons of each...

obviously this kind of question on a FN forum will get more favorable reviews from the FN side, but im hoping that a few people can be objective...

thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
My FNP replaced my Beretta 92 as a carry pistol. My only problem with Beretta is they can't get away from putting that damn safety on the slide. If the safety/decocker still works like the 92 where you have to manually put it back to the fire position after decocking, thats strike 2 for me. I like the spring loaded type where it goes right back to the double action ready position.

But with my babbling aside, your best bet is to find a store that has both. Hold them both and see which suits you better. Think about what you really want in the pistol, and how you want it to function. It took me the 92 to figure out I did not like that configuration. My favorite configuration is actually the HK USP variant 1. You can have cocked and locked or double action ready carry all in one gun. Thats why I just switched to a Browning Pro-40 from the FNP. Its the same thing, but with the same features as the much more expensive USP Variant 1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts