FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good defense/(potential to be carried) pistol. I've pretty much decided on the FNP-9M. But nearly every place I've tried doesn't carry it. I'm also considering the full-size FNP-9 and FNP-40. Any help?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also 5'7", 180lbs. and medium build. Would a full-size FNP work for IWB concealed carry?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The FNP 9M has been discontinued so good luck. I carry my FNP 40 IWB and i am 5'10" 170 so Id say a full size would work for you. Try gunbroker as well, I see the 9M on there every once in awhile

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes - CDNN does have some - but get the DA/SA. Do not get the DAO. DAO isn't really that popular. It's like a traditional DAO - not like the Glocks and XDs...

I have started to use my fullsize FNP9 as my concealed carry weapon. I have it on an OWB FLETCH holster. Works great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I decided on the Full-size FNP-9. Since the 9M is discontinued, I don't like the idea of having potential replacement parts getting scarce. I just ordered it from CDNN and should have it by middle to end of next week. Definitely looking forward to putting some rounds downrange with it. I'm also looking at holsters... I like the idea of the SERPA holsters, but obviously they're not made for the FNP series. Does anyone know if a SERPA for a Sig P229 would fit it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts