FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a FNP 9m DA/SA from cddn. There is no notch in the trigger group. The recoil spring is orange and the test fire date was march of 08. 1st trip to the range about 120rds total (50 blazer brass, 70 winchester white box). I had no failures to fire, feed or eject. No problems with brass ejected into the face. The slide locked open after the last round. All three mags worked without any problems. The range was busy and someone had an accidental discharge into the display case while I was shooting. I guess I may not have had the best focus after that so I can't really give a good report on accuracy but the function of this FNP was flawless. If I had to report any negative for this gun it would be the heavy DA trigger and lack of manual safety. I wish it was like the new USG version. What ammo shoots best from your fnp 9?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
An AD into the display case? At my local indoor range, all firearms are supposed to be pointed downrange at all times regardless of be loaded or not.

I have used WWB, Speer gold dot 124gr +P for defense, and Sellier and Bellot brass cased 115gr FMJ. I have not had any failures of any sort with any of it. I shot best with the S&B, but that might have been due to being more familiar with my FNP when I shot it. The Speer also shoots very nicely, but it's a bit expensive for range work. I only shoot 16 rds of it every month or two just for familiarization.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My "M" has over 2000rds w/nary first problem. Mostly WWB, but some Blazer and Gold Dot 124+p, Golden Saber 124+p, DPX and various other jhps. GD+p load at 1160fps and DPX at 1200+fps are main carry loads. Hope you come to love yours as much as I do mine! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine shoots EVERYTHING... Fiocchi, Blazers (Brass , Alum), Wolf, S&B, Horaday TAPS and good-ole Winchester Whites ($20/100 at WMT)... like these best.
Over 2000+rnds, FLAWLESS... The FNP-9 is NOT a picky gun!

·
Registered
69 Posts
i love my 9m. not one jam after 1000 rounds. There is a company called Georgia arms that sells 500 round cans of factory reloads and my fnp loves it. some of the best loads i have ever shot. It loves +p too. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts