FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day on the forum. I am in the market for a compact pistol to go along with my FNP-45, XD-M40, PX4 Storm 9mm. I am trying to sell the XD-M at my local gun shop due to the fact it just doesn't feel good in my hand. It's a good pistol and I am not going to bash it at all. Shoots great but just doesn't feel comfortable to me. PX4 feels and looks good but probably will end up being my wife's gun once I convince her to join me at the range.
The FNP-45 was the 2nd gun I purchased and it is now what I measure by. What a great feel and so darn accurate. I have a few guys who just started shooting with me on our lunch hours and I convinced both to buy FNP's due to price and function.
Here is where I need your help. I am in the process of acquiring my CCW in NC. I will not be a daily carrier but there are times when I feel it is wise that I do. I travel in-state due to business and I own a 2nd home in a rural area in the mountains. I also own my own business and work at my office late hours when I need to. I want a pistol on the medium side to carry in a paddle holster that I can remove when driving and take to the range with me. I also don't care for NC laws regarding weapons must be visible at all times where and when you are allowed to possess. I don't want people to know I have a weapon and that is just the way I feel about the issue.
I am a large man with large hands (6'-6", 285lbs) and so far the CZ 75 compact and P01/P06 feel good and are about the size I like. I want so bad to find a FNP-9m to test out but I cannot find one locally. How does the FNP-9m compare to the CZ in size and grip? Any other suggestions? I will always be a fan and customer of FNH and my FNP-45 is one great gun. I wish FNH would increase the offering in their FNP line by adding additional options, sizes, etc . .
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and feedback.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I bumped this over to the General Gun DIscussion Forum from the "Site Announcements" location it was at.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good luck on finding a FNP9m. I bought one at a gunshow about year ago and it's the only one I've ever seen. The biggest advantage to me of the M over the FNP9 is the slightly shorter grip (only around 1/3") for CC. If you have large hands, the regular FNP9 may fit you better. There's really not a lot of difference and I guess that's why they quit making the M. If you like the FN45, you'll like the FNP9 and it'll feel like a "compact" compared to the 45......I'd bet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Forestranger, you are probably right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts