FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use a FNP9 for IDPA?? Just wondering what your impression is of this pistol in an IDPA match.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lots of fun!!! I use it with the holster and the magazine holder from the shooter's pack. I haven't seen anyone else with an FN, though. It's all mostly glocks, sigs and 1911's.
IDPA is awesome. :cool:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That's cool, I often wondered what people would think if you showed up with something like the FNP. I was the only person out of 50 at my CFP class with one of these pistols. Common gun folks don't know about them it seems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been shooting my FNP 9 in IDPA for the last 6 months. I bought mine last spring so I had to buy my holster from Blade Tec, OUCH.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I thought that the IDPA rules stated that you had to use a concealable holster? Does the blade tech fall into that category by virtue of the fact that you could potentially conceal it under a large coat or something?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Every thing is conealable. The correct length vest, jacket, shirt/t-shirt is all you need. I can also use a holster for a XD45 although the blade Tec holds the gun much closer to the body.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Cool, If I ever decide to do an IDPA match, the shooters pack will be the set up. Sounds like the blade tech and mag carrier would work well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FN an IDPA

I shoot the fn 9 and fn 9m in atleast four matches a month I am having some problems wiht the fn 9, but you get a lot of people saying what are you shooting, then when I say FN they are like oh. It seems they know about fn rifles but not the pistols. I will be shooting fn in the New Jersery state macth April 19,2008 and the Pennsylvania state macth May 18,2008 IDPA#A30365

·
Registered
161 Posts
Now if you guys made it to my area and we shoot just local club or invatational events, you would see more FN's then anything else, but of course we do have the guys that you never know what they will show up with!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used my FNP-9 for three IDPA matches without a problem. I use the
BladeTech holster and magazine carrier. Most competitors are interested in the pistol but not familiar with it. I sorta feel like a missionary!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts