FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall there being a detail strip thread with pictures for the FNP9s, but I figured I'd take the time to make a video for the current FNP/FNX series (with decockers and ambi slide releases). it's a longer video, but it covers everything except removing the front rails and the firing pin safety (since you have to remove the sight)

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Thanks Buffman! Nicely done & thanks for posting it up!

I recall there being a detail strip thread with pictures for the FNP9s, but I figured I'd take the time to make a video for the current FNP/FNX series (with decockers and ambi slide releases). it's a longer video, but it covers everything except removing the front rails and the firing pin safety (since you have to remove the sight)

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Registered
315 Posts
That was exceptional. Thank you.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I call for a sticky! :th_vote_yes:

Unfortunately, some of the FNX's have a role pin through the right side decocker as noted by jathtec when he was working on the aftermarket levers (mine has this).

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for taking the time to make that very helpful video. Thanks also for not using a camera that is 20x20 autofocusing and without lighting
My Pleasure. The JVC did well for this video, but I find it has OK video unless there's a lot of light. I have 2 4' fluorescent fixtures above my work bench :) I hate not being able to see :)

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Unfortunately, some of the FNX's have a role pin through the right side decocker as noted by jathtec when he was working on the aftermarket levers (mine has this).
DJ, do they remove the same way, or have they made it harder to remove it?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Harder. There's no top hole that I can see. Jathtech recommended drilling through the pin (which would ultimately destroy the right sight lever, which really isn't a big deal if you put his levers on)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts

Second the sticky motion. By the time I drilled my right side safety lever I could not tell if the holes were present in my lever like the ones that Buff shows in his vid. Can someone please confirm that the newer model FNX Tacticals have or don't have the release holes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interesting. The MGW shows the standard left and right side as the FNP series
The FNX levers that MGW shows are for the 9/40, as are all the FNX parts listed despite them saying "all FNX models" on MGW site. The 45 has a longer center shaft so the left lever listed on MGW will not work. It is too short for 45 frame. The 9/40 do not have the blind roll-pin; only the 45. The change was made to the 45 around March-April 2013 production.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The FNX levers that MGW shows are for the 9/40, as are all the FNX parts listed despite them saying "all FNX models" on MGW site. The 45 has a longer center shaft so the left lever listed on MGW will not work. It is too short for 45 frame. The 9/40 do not have the blind roll-pin; only the 45. The change was made to the 45 around March-April 2013 production.
Good to know. I take it removal procedure is to drill?

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Awesome video, just what I have been looking for. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts