FN Herstal Firearms banner

FNP for USPSA matches?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Uncle Screwtape 
#1 ·
I have an FNP 9 and I'm just thinking of getting started into USPSA/ IDPA matches for fun. I haven't been able to find much on if the FNP is allowable in these matches or not due to the DA/SA. It seems 1911's and Glocks seem to dominate the matches I've been to. Any advice would be appreciated.

#6 ·
From what I understand in order for it to be "cocked and locked" it has to have a safety, not too sure about this since I use both my HK USP 9 and FNP40 for local IDPA matches, and always start off with DA for the first shot.

DA is NOT a big deal!!! When the adrenaline is pumping you won't even notice the DA pull, I know I haven't.

#8 ·
It makes sense that you would want to go DA for your first shot since that is how you would carry it in the real world. My understanding is IDPA is supposed to give you scenarios that allow you to practice somewhat realistic situations for concealed carry. I really need to look into going to an IDPA gathering. Just haven't taken the time. I also worry I would embarrass myself with poor pistol skills. :cool:

#9 ·
B52U said:
look into going to an IDPA gathering. Just haven't taken the time. I also worry I would embarrass myself with poor pistol skills. :cool:
Thinking of doing the same thing. I may go and be an observer the first time to see what ropes are. Although from Metro Atlanta chapter I looked into on the web, they allow for first time shooter so shoot one meet without joining and they assign a mentor shooter to you to show you the ropes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.