FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called FN and asked them if they had plans for a tactical model. They connected me to a guy who asked me what is a tactical model?

I explained to him that what I meant by tactical was a five inch barrel model of their current line of FNP 9MM, .40 cal, .45, etc. that Glock, Smith and Springfield have in their product line. He said that they had no plans for a model like that...

well that SUCKS!
:-x :( :x :cry: :!: :Bubba: ::FF::

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Have U seen the pics on the FNP45 Military version that will be coming out in a few months probably? It has a threaded barrel and other cool features

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShipWreck said:
Have U seen the pics on the FNP45 Military version that will be coming out in a few months probably? It has a threaded barrel and other cool features

Yes I have, that is a sweet looking gun. :shock:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Looks to me like they are trying to compete with H&K's tactical line. Should be a good lineup. I hear that H&K is going to quit make the USP tactical so if thats the case, ill certainly grab one and just make it a safe queen.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was thinking the same thing the other day...could the FNP40/9/9m have a longer barrel so it may be threaded? Im not sure it can. There is so little room to slide the barrel in that Im not sure it would fit. Disassemble your gun, then try putting the barrel back in, do you think you could if it was another inch longer? I dont. Either way, I have measured the barrel and being an engineer with access to numerous CNC tools, I might make a mock up of it an inch longer and see. If it works I might look into making a complete barrel that will be long enough to attach a suppressor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts