FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read quite a bit before signing up for this forum....I have seen multiple topics regarding problems with the FNP...has anyone not had problems with this line?

I really would like to purchase one to add to my collection but I have seen too many negative topics...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Be aware that the actual number of reported problems here is actually pretty small. It just seems rather large because 1 or 2 people were perpetuating the topics.

However, after reading all of that, I can understand your concern. So, I hope you get enough responses to put your mind at ease.

If I was about to buy an FNP, I'd have no worries about doing so.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had an FNP9(purchase Aug.,07) that had a cracked hammer housing( no malfunctions and didn't even know it was cracked til I read about issue here and checked). FN picked it up and had it back in 23 days with a more robust housing and even better trigger. Have an FNP9M {Jan. '06} and it's been fine. Love em both and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone wanting high cap, DA/SA auto. :?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trigger group cracked on my 40. Sending it in tomorrow for repair. I'm going to have a tough time deciding if I want to keep it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own an FNP-40 with 706 rounds through it and I haven't had a single problem with it. I've shot it in below freezing temps as well, 24 deg to be exact with no issues. It's one of the best pistols I've ever shot, with trigger, ergos, accuracy, and just overall feel. I read about the issues and also read how FNH handled them; my decision was simple and now I'm a proud owner of an FNP-40. 8)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have an FNP-40 with over 1,000 rounds through it and not a single problem. It has feed JHP and FMJ flawlessly. I have dry fired it hundreds of time, with and without mags in place and even decocked it with the slide off. So far no problems. If you check out the boards for other guns, the M&P has had many more posters report mag drop problems. The only problem that I have seen that could potentially affect the functioning of the gun is the trigger group issue and the trigger group is modular and replaceable, so it is an easy fix. When it comes to feed reliability, accuracy and overall design and ergonomics, the FNP has had surprisingly few problems reported and many satisfied owners.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for your input....I'm gonna rent one at the range today and hopefully order one tonight....

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I think you'll find it's a fine shooting weapon. FN has a good track record for customer service in the case that any problems do exist. I was also concerned when looking at these in the beginning, but seeing how they have handled the issues put my mind at ease.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No problems with my FNP9.

Although with one of my mags, the slide won't lock back. But I'm sure that's a mag problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an earlier FNP-40, and it is one of my best pistols. 100's of rounds through it, reliable, very accurate, and no signs of cracking.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My FNP-40 has been flawless through 500 rounds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts