FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in the FNP45 but none of my local dealers have one to sample so I throw some questions out for discussion....I have small hands and am wondering how the FNP45 compares to the H&K 45 in terms of trigger reach in da and sa compared to the HK. I hear the FN is a big gun, how does it compare with the HK in terms of overall handling and bore axis? Thanks.

·
Banned
24 Posts
The HK has a staggered 10 round mag, the FNP45 has a double stack mag holding 14 rounds. The HK felt much better to me (average size hands).

I did think the FNP fit me better than the G21SF but the HK felt better yet...once you go to a full double stack 45, it's hard to disguise the girth of the frame. I think the HK offers a nice alternative balance of ergonomics and capacity..it's just a bitter pill to pay just shy of $900 for a polymer framed anything.

My next 45 will likely be the FNP.

I'm not very sensitive to bore axis - it just does not matter to me..maybe someone else can comment.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Your going to have to wait/find a dealer who has both so you can compare hands on. Nothing on this site should make you choose without first experiencing it first. The only advice I can give is what is your budget and what "feels" the best in your hand(s). The second one is the most important, IMO. You'll know if its right for you. My first pistol was an HK USP 9mm, and my second was an FNP-40. The grip difference is radical between the big HK and the medium FNP-40. Luckily I have medium sized hands.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Simply nothing will beat the ergo's of the new HK's. Both the HK45 and to a better extent the P30 have the best ergo's of any pistol to ever leave HK, and IMO any manufacturer for that matter.

However, the HK45 holds 4 less rounds then the FNP-45 which means the grip is naturally slimmer. I myself am a died in the wool USP guy and fat blocky grips do not bother me at all. Like my USP fullsize .40, the FNP-45's grip is actually quite comfortable to me.

I guess it comes down to how much money you want to spend, how much capacity you really desire, and how small your hands really are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The new HK45 ergo is light years beyond any full-size pistols out there. In fact, the only other pistol with better ergo than the HK45 is the HK P30. jmo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts