FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I am new to the FN world with my FNP45. I looked at many topics and couldn't find the answer anywhere so here is the question. Can my FNP45 (decocker only) be converted to a USG type trigger (safety and decocker)? Based purely on my observations of pictures, it seems that it is simply a firecontrol group swap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
M1A2Tanker said:
Yes, I am new to the FN world with my FNP45. I looked at many topics and couldn't find the answer anywhere so here is the question. Can my FNP45 (decocker only) be converted to a USG type trigger (safety and decocker)? Based purely on my observations of pictures, it seems that it is simply a firecontrol group swap.
Sure could be, but... The problem is getting the fire control group as you stated. FN isn't at this time (that I know of) going to ship any parts of that sort to the public. Also I would bet, you would have to buy each part to make your own group, but you never know. I for one will be on that list to change over, so I could have the choice to [email protected]

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes, no way to do it yet - I forget for sure, but I think that someone asked that question at one of the official Q&A sessions a while back.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Yes, no way to do it yet - I forget for sure, but I think that someone asked that question at one of the official Q&A sessions a while back.
It was asked (not specifically 45 if I remember correctly)

I believe the answer was a No.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
M1A2Tanker said:
I emailed FN with no response over a week ago. I just sent another so we'll see what happens this time.
For most companies - if you want to know something, you should call. A lot of places receive too many e-mails to respond

1 - 9 of 9 Posts