FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you find mags for em? What's the difference between the 13 and 14rnd mags?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got 3 extra mags from the dealer I purchaced the 45 from. Any dealer can order some for you from FN.

BTW: 14rd is the standard. FN lists 15rd-ers on their website, so they should be available. 10s are also available for those who need them.

Never heard of 13 rounders for the FNP 45.

·
Registered
173 Posts
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF020&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0062

Model FNP-45, DA/SA, Matte Stainless
Item Number 47913
Caliber / Ga. 45 ACP
Metric Designation 11.43x23mm
Magazine Capacity 13 and 14
Barrel Length 4 1/2"
Overall Length 7 7/8"
Weight 33.2 oz.
Operating Principle DA/SA
Metal Finish Matte Stainless
Stock / Grip Interchangeable arched and flat backstrap insert
Additional Description Night sights

My guess is the little bump out on the bottom of the mag is a +1 factory extension and 13 mags could be purchased without the extra meat at the bottom.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never seen or heard FN having a 15 rnd mag. Their site says 13 or 14 rnd mags.

What gives?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never seen or heard FN having a 15 rnd mag. Their site says 13 or 14 rnd mags.

What gives?

·
Registered
12 Posts
14 round is huge , how did they get 1 more round in there, is the extension pc on the bottom of the mag longer ??

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, so they ship the .45 with 13 or 14 rnd mags. BUT you can order 15rnd mags under thier new products page.

Gotcha, sorry I didn't comb the entire site before I posted a question.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't think there are any 13 round mags.

Mine came with three 14 rounders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've heard rumors that there's a FNP-45 variant that's capable of cocked-and-locked carry. Is there any truth to this? If someone finally made a .45 handgun with selective DA/SA + cocked-and-locked operation and an exposed hammer for a decent price, I'd be very interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts