FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it out to the range this evening with the FNP45 USG

Overall the trip was very positive. I learned one very important thing. Don't let 13 years lapse between range outings, it has a big impact on accuracy :-D .

It shot well and ate up the range reloads like a champ. All 3 mags fed flawlessly. There weren't any hiccups with the 100 rounds fired.

There was one slit snag and it doesn't have to do with the pistol at all. Picked up an HKS magazine loader for $12 since the range/shop wanted $60 for the UPLULA. It worked fine on the 14 round magazines but not so well on the 15 round. The rounded bottom of the 15 round magazine prevented the loader from getting a good grip on the mag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FNP-45

I had the same problem with mine on our first date. I was using WWB and the 1st round would jamb in the chamber on every clip. After I cleared the jam the remaining rounds were flawless. I switched to Magtech on the same day and had no problems. I have fired a couple hundred rounds since without a problem. I tried WWB last week and not a problem. I have noticed my clips are engaging much better so I am chalking it up to the break-in period. This gun shoots like a dream and IMO is much easier to keep on target than my XD-M 40 and PX4 Storm 9mm.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FNP-45

NCDawg said:
I had the same problem with mine on our first date. I was using WWB and the 1st round would jamb in the chamber on every clip. After I cleared the jam the remaining rounds were flawless. I switched to Magtech on the same day and had no problems. I have fired a couple hundred rounds since without a problem. I tried WWB last week and not a problem. I have noticed my clips are engaging much better so I am chalking it up to the break-in period. This gun shoots like a dream and IMO is much easier to keep on target than my XD-M 40 and PX4 Storm 9mm.

the problem is the design of the HKS loader (http://www.pistoleer.com/hks/magazine/). It doesn't match up well with the 15 round magazine and required more effort to load than the 14 round magazines(though still easier than hand loading the mags)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts