FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone waiting for the FNP45 to come out?

I think it will be a hit.

But honestly, I wish they would have kept the grip texturing the same as the FNP9 and 40. I don't care for the way the FNP45 grip looks. They used a different texture pattern that looks strange... At least in my opinion...

·
Registered
15,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I used to be a huge 1911 fan and loved the 45. Now, I prefer 9mm again. I switched to it because of the cost. And I've gotten so used to it now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I eagerly await the FNP-45.

I currently own the .40 and find it knocking on the door of being the best autoloader I have ever owned.

As to recoil, as most know the 40 S&W has a reputation for having a rather "snappy" recoil moment. Much more so than the .45 ACP. Well, my experience with my FNP-40 is that this pistol really has a way of taming that nasty .40. It has a far more easy to control recoil than the .40 XD 40 Tactical that I tested, and it's even better than the .45 caliber all steel CZ 97B that I used to own. (I compared them at the same range session). In light of this I 'd say that the FNP-45 will be a real easy shooting 45. In fact I have it on good authority that this is the case. An old acquaintance of mine attended the last SHOT Show with full dealer credentials and was able to fire the FNP-45 during his time there. In his words: "It's the best 45 I've ever fired."

Can't wait. Although I must say that I do not feel "undergunned" in the least with my FNP-40.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Glad to be here sir.

The FNP series is the secret handgun buy of the decade in my opinion.

High quality, accurate, feeds any and all ammo without complaint, and utterly reliable, all for a very reasonable price. I don't understand why they are not selling in vast numbers, and why you never see them advertised.

FNH has a winner here.

And they also have a very loyal customer now, me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wasn't really intending to get another .45, but if the FNP feels right, and is priced right, it'll make a nice addition to my collection.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The sad part is that apparently we will not be getting the 14+1 version untill 2008 (which means we may not get it at all depending on the outcome of the election), and only 400 or so 13+1 versions will be imported in 2007.

Got that info from the other site.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I can do without the 14+1, but it does suck that they aren't going to import very many to begin with. I suppose it gives me time to save the cash for one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cant wait to see the FNP .45! Any one know why the bottom of the grip was cut at an angle, instead of being more square like the FNP .40/9mm?

It does look like an amazing offering from FN! :cool:

·
Registered
15,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kost said:
Cant wait to see the FNP .45! Any one know why the bottom of the grip was cut at an angle, instead of being more square like the FNP .40/9mm?

We talked about that on another thread someplace around here - I think it is to squeeze in an extra round or too - they can make a longer mag.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The sad part is that apparently we will not be getting the 14+1 version untill 2008 (which means we may not get it at all depending on the outcome of the election), and only 400 or so 13+1 versions will be imported in 2007.
I find this surprising. The FNP9 & FNP40 are made in the USA.
Why would Importing have anything to do with it? I was under the impression that the 45 was being developed here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Kost said:

We talked about that on another thread someplace around here - I think it is to squeeze in an extra round or too - they can make a longer mag.
That makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Uncle Screwtape said:
I find this surprising. The FNP9 & FNP40 are made in the USA.
Why would Importing have anything to do with it? I was under the impression that the 45 was being developed here.
I find it strange as well, but that is the info I have from the other FN site.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Either way, they need to hurry up and get some out, I don't mind the 13+1, but I need another .45, and the FN looks like something to fit my bill.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Any release dates yet on the FNP 45? Late 2007 or early 2008? I thought since its on the FN web site that it would be available now - major teasing going on...hehe :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts