FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys are still looking for a good quality leather holster for your FNP, check out D.M.Bullard Leather Mfg. out of Texas. His website is www.DMBullardLeather.com and makes all his leather holsters by hand. He has recently added the FNP line to his list of guns and can turn around a truly custom leather holster in a couple of days. He can also make custom changes to any of his stock offerings to further customize the holster to your style of carry. Something you just can't get from the big manufacturers at any price.

The "Bodyguard" pictured above sells for $59.95 and can be shipped for another $7.95.
He also does several other "exotic" skins such as Crocodile, Alligator, Ostrich, Tiger Shark, Stingray etc.

He was prompt and courteous and a pleasure to deal with. Ya'll check him out! :?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have it shortly. I'll give you guys a full review once I get it in!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
For carrying concealed, would you recomend inside the belt for best concealment?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IWB (inside the waist band) provide deeper concealment. The problem for me comes down to comfort. If it's not comfortable, I'm not going to wear it.
I just don't have the extra inch or two in the waistband...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is .40 but the holster is stamped FNP9 on the back. I don't know if he can do the .45 or not. Get in touch with him and ask. He is great to work with!

As a side note, the holster showed up in two days and exceeded my expectations. Nice tight fit. It contours all of the outer features of the FNP perfectly. Really professional.

I'll get some pictures and post if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
323 Posts
"For carrying concealed, would you recomend inside the belt for best concealment?"

I only use IWBs (mostly tuckables - Milt Sparks MMX for Glock 9mms, High Noon Hidden Asset and Ally for Steyr M9 and Colt 1991-A1, probably JMG 7 or Crossbreed Supertuck for FNP-45). Makes concealment very easy not having to worry about printing or having muzzles peek out from under covering garments.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We can open carry in Tennessee, even though I don't. It keeps me from worrying about printing a little or any accidental exposure...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

As promised, a Picture of the FNP 40 in the DM Bullard Custom leather holster. Click on the thumbnail for full size.
(Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone pic!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 9 and the 40 are the same frame. The holster will fit nicely. A little tight til it gets set and formed to the gun. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wanted to say thank's for the post on a good custom leather holster, just ordered a "bodyguard" in black for my FNP 40! :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts