FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us use our FNP9 as a daily carry weapon? How do you carry, and in what holster?

At work I am not allowed to carry, so it has a holster in the quick-release pouch of my daily-carry backpack....

Out in the world my FNP9 rides at 3:00 in a Uncle Mikes IWB until I can afford a VMII or some kind of tuckable IWB. For cold-weather carry, is really love my OWB Blackhawk CQC w/ serpa retention....

You?

·
Registered
268 Posts
carried my -m all the time. Had it in a passport kangaroo style holster. Had the holster for years, don't use the mag holder, and took off the thumb break. Works really well actually. Carried in 3 or 4 o clock position, strong side. That duty now falls to my S&W SW40VE (beater gun), in the same holster. No reason for the change other than going out of town for a few months, and don't want anything to happen to my FN.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I carry daily and my holster is an Uncle Mikes Sidekick....works good with a button up type shirt....hides well on the hip.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, I started carrying the FN again, and here's why: the Sigma has not been tested to esablish reliability, the FN however, has done that and feels great to the hand, and is easier to hide....it's my go to gun now, and likely forever.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My P9-M is my only carry pistol. My roommate had a holster almost exactly like that Passport Kangaroo holster, but he thought it was an OWB holster. I now carry the P9-M at the right next to the family jewels. It conceals great, i can wear short sleeve t shirts, mediums mind you, and my gun doesnt show.

I do need a better holster, and I was looking at the Pocket Concealment Systems IWB holster. Most of their stuff looks pretty top notch, good prices and custom leatherwork for each holster. My roommate and I are going to order something from that guy, so I'll let you know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So does anyone carry OWB? And if so whats the holster/clothing setup you use? I enjoy wearing shirts for the summer (not very loose fitting short sleeve shirts) and I have to say that the IWB holster that I have is doing me wonders, If I lean back and do the crab you can spot it, but who looks for a pistol when youre at the local co-op? Anyways my FNP9-M is my daily carry, and contrary to my first thoughts about it, I couldnt be happier. When I first got the gun I loved it! It was the first gun I bought on paper, but then when I tried to conceal it...well I didnt have the best luck at first. Then the IWB came along, along with my wise-ing up, and my P9-M has become a very close friend. Hard to describe. The gun, though, is never more than 6 feet away from me, except when I'm at work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I carry my .40 everyday in a Bladetech IWB. Although I am thinking about sending my 9 to comptac so they can make me a C-tac for it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C-TAC

If you decide to do that, give us a shout- we (I) might ask for a C-TAC at the same time. (If funds are sufficient at the time)

I am sure that if they added the FNP-9 to their lineup, they would sell a ton of them...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've talked about doing it before, but this time I'm serious. I'll check back to see who all has interest. I'm thinking it will be sometime after the week of the fourth of July. I plan on concreting my pole building that week so after that the funds should open up. Ive never had to ship a pistol for any reason, so I suppose I can give them a call and see what I need to do to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I carry my FNP9 daily in a Kydex rig of my own making, though I might be setting up to make a leather rig for it sometime soon too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
homemade leather

If you decide to build a custom leather holster, be sure to post pics- you may have costomers here......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: homemade leather

shootemup said:
If you decide to build a custom leather holster, be sure to post pics- you may have costomers here......
Due to the limited availability of holsters for the FNP, I figured I'd use mine as the prototype and if anyone wanted one, they'd have another choice. I've got to deal with some vacation time in the next two weeks, after that, I should be ready to craft the initial design. I'll keep folks posted. :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've made a BIY Kydex holster thread on another forum if anyone is interested in how to make their own fairly cheap. If so I can link it here, even though, gasp, it's an XD forum. :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a safepacker, it works, but it's not a holster and overall, it's pretty clunky IMHO. Others have had better results with it, mine sits in a drawer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sister Mary Sunshine, aintcha?? :D
I do know that it is not technically a holster but it has some believing it has an effectiveness for CC. Sorry yours did not work out for you. For what gun is it?? Maybe we can work something out so you don't have to waste any$$.
You can email me off of my profile email addy. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FNP9 for carry?

Just started carrying mine this week and it is great so far. I carry IWB at 3oclock position with a spare mag in a kydex mag pouch. most of the time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shootmeup, you said that you used a SERPA holster. Being that there are no SERPAs specifically designed for the FNP, what do you use? (The one for the Sig P229 seems like it might fit.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts