FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought ya'll might like to see some chronograph results from various jhps taken in Oct. (80F)from FNP9:

CB 115+p dpx....1227 fps
Black Hills 124+p...1241
Gold Dot 124+p.....1197
Golden Saber 124+p.....1140

DPX, GD & GS all expanded/penetrated well in wetpack. The BH load didn't expand as much but was really accurate at 20 yds. Might be a good coyote load? Use to carry Colt Commander when walking "fence patrol" because it is so accurate beyond what most consider pistol range. The FNP9 w/16 rds weighs 4 oz. less than the Commander weighs empty and is just as accurate at 20-30 yds. Might be making a switch!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's loaded with the Hornady XTP bullet so expansion is not as spectacular as the other bullets(about .5") but it penetrates well, shoots flat & accurate. Occasional bear roams through area but never had any problem with bears in all my years in bear country. Coyotes are a different story. Ones here are bigger than western version(mixed with wild dogs and USFWS released wolves) so that good FNP9 SA trigger and Black Hills load might be good medicine for them calf killing critters. Used to worry about falling down in woods and can't get up, now I worry about falling down and something eating me! :roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts