FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
FNP9M is primary carry. The shorter grip hides a little better than FNP9 but would have no problem carrying my FNP9 and did before got the M.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I Carry my FNP in the crossbreed supertuck. Works great with a tucked or untucked shirt. I find I conceal best right on the strong side hip. If I put it too far behind the hip bone the full size handle sticks out a bit when bending or twisting. Not too bad to conceal for a full size pistol, and the weight isn't bad. I like it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll be carrying my FNP9 as soon as my Sheriff gets around to signing off on my app. I'm probably going to go the crossbreed supertuck route as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wouldn't take a chance carrying my FN9, or any other full size gun. If someone see's any part of that gun, even under a peice of cloth, then it's not concealed any more.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It's quite concealed so long as you don't blatantly "print it". I have to give the crossbreed holster props because I'm a tall skinny guy and it does a great job. I'll post some pics of how well it conceals when I get home tonight.

Besides, how many sheeple are going to point the finger and yell "gun" if they see a bulge? For all they know that's my PDA phone under there. Most people looking for guns are concealed carry holders anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd love to see some pics. I haven't quite figured out how I want to carry it. I can do a shoulder holster when its cold out, but hot summer carry is giving my problems.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
First pics give you an idea of where it is on my belt. This is one of my more form fitting shirts. Works a little better with my larger shirts. I have both over the belt and J clips (behind the belt), but I mostly leave my shirt untucked so I just use the standard over the belt clips. Wearing a black belt helps if you use the standard clips while tucked. Also staying untucked helps hide the hip bulge since I'm a slim person.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the pics. bro.

My only concern is where I work, a tucked shirt is required. The pics. help ease my mind a little. $65.00 is a lot to spend on a holster that won't allow me to conceal at work.

:?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Great Pics! :?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yes, good job on the pics for sure. :?

But wouldn't that holster be more comfy if you slid it around to like 4 o'clock? My Milt Sparks holster fit better back there, and my shirt "puffs" out more in the back than the side so it conceals a little better.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
But wouldn't that holster be more comfy if you slid it around to like 4 o'clock? My Milt Sparks holster fit better back there, and my shirt "puffs" out more in the back than the side so it conceals a little better.
It is definately more comfortable in the back, but I find the handle sticks out just a bit too much for me when I bend slightly. I probably need to experiment with the cant and depth of the holster (which is quite adjustable) I also find that when sitting in the car, the strong side hip works a little better for me and is more accessible. I recognize that there is going to be some discomfort any way I carry a gun and there are compromises between concealing and comfort at times. I haven't had it long enough to exercise all the options, but so far this has worked for me.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My only concern is where I work, a tucked shirt is required. The pics. help ease my mind a little. $65.00 is a lot to spend on a holster that won't allow me to conceal at work.
I think as far as tuckable holsters are concerned, this is going to be the best you will probably find for the FNP. As long as the visible clips don't bother you (works best with a black belt, or you can use the J clips which ride on the pants and behind the belt) it should have sufficient concealment. They also have an option for clips that use velcro with a velcro backed belt that still allows you to support the weapon on the belt, but keeps the clips hidden behind it. I find that keeping the shirt puffed and folded slightly over the belt works. I also wear my cell phone next to one of them which hides at least one. Oh I should mention there is a $5.00 off promotion code from this forum that you can use at checkout. I think you'll find it in the sponsors section. That covers any extra clips.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Here's another set, different outfit, tucked only. Notice the cell phone kind of camouflages the bulge area and hides the front clip. (Yes I am aware that Levi Strauss is on the anti-gun list of the NRA. I haven't bought any since finding this out).

·
Registered
143 Posts
i carry my fn9m with an iwb from jmg.com .inexpensive and good quality and he does'nt rape you with shipping charges,i paid 5 bucks shipping and handleing

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have carried my FNP9 a couple of times using an Uncle Mikes IWB holster. I have no problems with this and I can easily adjust it for the best comfort. I rarely tuck my shirt in so I have no problems with too much printing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll be wearing my CrossBreed lefthanded. I'll be doing the same cause I wear my cell on the left side. Which the bulge will be produced by the cellcase which most people would be seeing first if there wa s achance of exposing. IMHO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts