FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a FNP9 from CDNN Sports Inc. almost 3 weeks ago. I've now put 500 rounds through her and I have not had a single jam or failure to fire. I've shot standard Wincehster FMJ, and Remington JHP (Wal-Mart stuff). I've also shot a bunch of cheap Georgia Arms 115-grain FMJ with no issues. (Except for tearing up my thumbs on the lips of the mags. Does anyone know if a company makes a speed loader for FNP mags?)

I did have the problem of the spent casings being ejected almost into my face, but that smoothed out after about 150-200 rounds. All three of the magazines have fed smoothly every time.

I've been using Break-Free CLP as a cleaner and lubricant and have had no issues. Some of the earlier models of the FNP had problems with cracking or breaking of a piece of the polymer fire control group. I've carefully inspected mine after every 100 rounds or so and have found no issues, so it looks like that problem might be corrected in newer guns.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I had the same ejection problem. It slowed down after 150 rounds of hitting me in the face. Then it was in the head. I have 400-500 rounds thru it now. Now, I'm getting a steady rain down on me, that still gets me in the head, but it's not coming straight at me.

I hope as time progresses, this completely goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts