FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
The USP Compact in any caliber is pretty hard to beat in a polymer pistol. You know that too since you own at least one, I love my USP Compacts in .40/.45, the .45 fits my big hands better tho.

If the FN isnt a Best Buy - it has to be the best kept secret in polymer auto pistols. World class quality on fit/finish/components/design, for the price is untouchable I think...its the most bang for the buck out there.

Only thing I have read, is some shooters tend to put their thumbs high, contact the controls, and have to adjust their grip on the FN a little bit. My thumbs are very low and never come close to any controls on any pistol, so for me this is a 'non-issue'

Im looking forward to buying more than one FN, in .40/.45 (.45 when its released). :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a lightly used USPc on hold for me at my local shop. Got there to pick it up and noticed they had some FN's on the shelf now. After "messing" with both of them I went home with the FN. It was a difficult choice but one that I have no regrets about. The FNP fit my hand just a bit better.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing wrong with that - Had I not last purchased my USPc, I probably would have an FNP 9 by now. I just have 4 9mm polymer pistols at the moment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, this is a tad off-topic, but I just got an FNP in .40 last week, and I've been shooting a full-sized USP .40 for several years. I think I like the FNP a little better, surprisingly. I'd agree that it's an amazing value at $499.00. Three steel magazines, excellent ergonomics (for me), replaceable backstrap, and legendary FN quality make it the steal at the gun shop right now. I like it better than the Steyr M40A1 that I recently got for the same price, too. I'd love to see one in .45!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thats great to hear such great things about the FNP - the more I hear the more I want one!

Im just up the road about 5 miles from you Slam!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Damn, 3 people from the Twin Cities here, all in a row.

Kost: Ive got the FNP9-M if you ever want to try it out. I love it. If I remember right you have a few USPs. We could do an *almost* comparison. Haha.

Whould'a thought that there'd be 3 people from Minneapolis all right here. Haha. Texas (because theres a good amount of texans here) and Minnesota. There's quite a difference...

·
Registered
120 Posts
dahahn said:
Damn, 3 people from the Twin Cities here, all in a row.

Kost: Ive got the FNP9-M if you ever want to try it out. I love it. If I remember right you have a few USPs. We could do an *almost* comparison. Haha.

Whould'a thought that there'd be 3 people from Minneapolis all right here. Haha. Texas (because theres a good amount of texans here) and Minnesota. There's quite a difference...
We should get together to do a trade 'n shoot at the range - if you dont mind shooting a box thru my USP Cobra Chrome .45, Ill get a box of 9mm fmj, if you want to get one of .45 fmj. :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haha. I wouldnt mind a bit. Im down with that, we just need to see if we can get ALL the minneapolitans in on it. If its just you and me I dont mind. My next weekend is free. How about you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just saw this thread. I'm always up for a bit of shooting, as well as meeting new shooting enthusiasts. I don't know if you're planning on next weekend or not, but if you are, I have Sunday (July 8th) available. I also have a pretty...uh..."comprehensive" collection of guns, so I'm happy to entertain requests if there's something you want to shoot. I'll go anywhere, but I go most often to Gopher in Harris and Bill's in Circle Pines.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, I guess all I need to say is that I own and carry my FNP, my USP45C is long gone. HK makes a really nice gun, but the triggers on the C models simply suck. Long, nasty reset and a mushy feel to them, not at all like the full-size variants.

The trigger on the FNP SAO that I have is just sick, nicest trigger on any gun I own aside from my 1911's.

Aside from the trigger (and maybe the fact that the FNP comes with two backstraps and a third magazine hehe), I'd say they're pretty much about even on everything else, except long-term longevity, we don't know that about the FNP's yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The SAO is the one Im really after in .40sw.

Major family crisis, so Im not sure when I can get together with any of you, but I will send PMs later to possibly set a date in the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts