FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a FNP9 last year and liked it so much, I started looking for a FMP9M. Found one Sat. Have put 200 rounds WWB and maybe 80 rounds of various hollowpoints. No failures of any sort and this little baby shoots dead on! 2-3" at 10-15 yds and the real test for me was 14 out of 15 and 15 out of 15 offhand on an 8" paper plate at 20 yards. I can only do that with my Witness 45 and Combat Commander 45 (old eyes!). Think I have found my #1 CCW. Chronographed 5 each of the various hollowpoints: 124 gr +p Golden Sabre-avg. 1111fps; 124+p Black Hills 1186fps; 124 gr +p Gold Dot 1160 fps; 115 gr +p DPX 1200fps (temp.65F). All of them shot to POA at 15 yards and couldn't tell much difference in accuracy(around 3" for all of them which is good for me). I carried DA revolvers for 40 years+ and am use to Kel Tec triggers so the DA trigger pull was really sweet for me. Easy to hit where you aim from 10 yds in DA mode. So far, I am very pleased!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have been told by several gun folks including one FN rep that the FMP9M will not be offered in US this year. Must be more demand in Europe than here. My local dealer could not find one for me. I lucked out and found one NIB at gun show Sat. If above is true. it's a real shame .

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was thinking about coloring the frame of my FNP9-M with some krylon fusion. However, upon this news I may reconsider if it's not a pistol I can replace. Can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Upon further reading, the spray paint (even the kind that is supposedly made for plastic) may not hold up well, and wind up looking like crap with no safe way to return the frame to its original condition. Additional thoughts have led me to the conclusion that there is no cause to mess with near perfection. Time and time again my 9-M has proved to be my "go to" gun, and I don't think I should do anything to jeopardize that.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
If U want to color the gun - send it to some place like CCR Refinishing - that does refinishing of frames and slides as a job - it will look much better.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I could have it duracoated, but I really think that would take away from the industrial look of the pistol that I truthfully like so much about it. There's no frills, no fancy this that or the other, it just works and has the controls in the proper place for me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I orderd on December 14th. Was just told last week that his distributor can't get on and don't know when he can. :( So I took my money back and bought an SKS and PA-64 and ammo for both. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
This might be because FN is supposed to release a FNP compact, which will be smaller than the "M" models. I have no idea when, but that is my understanding.

Have been told by several gun folks including one FN rep that the FMP9M will not be offered in US this year. Must be more demand in Europe than here. My local dealer could not find one for me. I lucked out and found one NIB at gun show Sat. If above is true. it's a real shame .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could be right. FN rep told me it was due to demand for FNP9M in Europe and my dealer was told by his distributer that FN didn't list the M for 2008. Whatever, I'm sure glad I was able to latch on to one. It's a sweet shooter and carries real nice. It's nice to have a compact, light, carry weapon that I can shoot pretty well out to 25 yds instead of 25 ft as with most of my "little" carry pistols. Look forward to seeing the new compact pistol....might have to get one of them too!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FNP9M not listed in '08 catalog!

seems the FN rep was right about FNP9M not being offered in US in '08. Too bad! Sure do like it better than all the similar size autos that I tried and considered buying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts