FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back and forth on buying an FNS due to reading various complaints and the such. Six weeks ago put an FNS-40 on layaway. Picked it up Friday. Cleaned and lubed it over the weekend. Loaded the mags last night. Hit the range today. Fifty rounds of WWB 180gr and fifty rounds of Remington 165gr later I am ecstatic. Zero malfunctions of any kind. Sights are dead on accurate. Love the grips. Love the gun. Some of the best money I have ever spent!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the gun.
Regardless of what gun you're researching, you'll always find some griping about a problem here and there.
I agree 100% with this. A lot of it has to do with the simple fact that everyone has a different feel for the gun and how comfortable they are with a certain platform. Just because one person cant hit the side of a barn does not mean another cant drive nails with it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Shooting and moving, moving and shooting if it's anything like the FNX you will love it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with everything said about this pistol. Well worth the money. It is one of the most accurate pistols I own, bar none! Glad you were able to get one. I bought it when I couldn't find an SR-40 (which is what I was originally looking for). I ultimately did get an SR-40, which is an excellent pistol in its own right, but FNS-40 is the primary. It will be my primary pistol at Front Sight next month for the Four-Day Defensive Pistol Course.

Had a problem getting the right Kydex holster for it. The BladeTek one for the FNX-40 has too much play (gun rocks in holster when the screws are properly tightened). Got the one for the FNS-9 and the gun wouldn't fit, so after loosening the screws and heating the holster with a blow dryer on high, I was able to re-fit the holster properly with no wiggle. It fits fine now but there was a bit of wear on one side near the muzzle end of the frame. Still shoots better than I can! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts