FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with any of the small of back holsters that are out for the FNS-40? That is my preferred carry location.

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Directly in the center or off to a side like around the love handles?
Right now I am using a Blackhawk Check Six and I tend to wear it a bit offset to the side so I guess at about 5 o'clock. The Blackhawk works OK it's just a bit of a pain to put on the belt. It also is setup so that in order to draw the weapon I reach back with my palm against my body. This happens because it was designed to be worn closer to the side of your body but just behind your hip. The other small of the back holsters have the gun facing the other way so that when you draw you reach around with your palm away from your body.

I am really just looking for people that have experience with that type of holster.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I agree with Blackhorse on the direction of draw. I have carried my FNP-9 in a Crossbreed Supertuck in the 5 O'clock position and it is comfortable there. Some of the SOB holsters for smaller guns are at pretty extreme angles (slide of the gun is nearly horizontal with the belt). IMO, the FNS is too large for carry like that, so something like the Alien Gear or Crossbreed Supertuck would be your best option.

Reactions: Pakmule
1 - 6 of 6 Posts