FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, brand new FN owner and also new to the forums. I bought my FNS 40C new about 2 weeks ago and have shot about 100 rounds through it so far. After my last trip to the range, I noticed these marks on the inner ejection port while I had it broken down cleaning it. Not sure how they got there or what they're from but there's about 10 pretty consistent marks/scratches as you can see in the photos.

Anyone have any idea what these are from? I'm guessing they're just from ejecting shells but...should I be concerned about this? I own several auto handguns and have never seen this before.

Thanks for any info!

Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun Shotgun

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Likely it's just brass marks from shell casings. Fairly common on some guns. Should come off with solvent and some elbow grease.
Alright, thanks for letting me know that. I assumed they were actually small gouges in the steel... but now that I think about it, that was a stupid assumption since they're "gold" in color and steel wouldn't be.

I'll give it a try to see if I can scrub them off.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Yup, that's brass from the cases. I think all my pistols minus my 1911 have marks there, some to a greater extent than others.

Reactions: Kubrick
1 - 4 of 4 Posts