FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states these are my initial thoughts of my basically new FNS9 after 300 rounds.

1) zero failures of any kind out of 300 rounds that include everything from Hornady critical duty all the way down to cheap Walmart wwb. I don't shoot reloads so i have no experience with that.
2) extremely accurate right out of the box I'm not a sharp shooter by any means in self defense range 10-15 yards I have nice tight groups that is all that is important to me. I have the model with factory night sites
3) follow up shots are fast and on target, multiple times I have had double and triple taps basically through same hole and again I'm not a sharp shooter.
4) the gun feels like it was made for my hand perfect grip size and angle if this was a bit smaller it would be in my edc system with my glock 19
5) last but not least I have found a weapon that i love as much as any other i have I highly recomend it for anyone looking for a range or home defense pistol!! If and when they offer a compact version I'm definatley on board. I hope this helps someone make a decision thanks for reading

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you think the FNS-9 is nice after 300 rounds, wait until you put a little more in it. I've put just over 800 rounds through mine and it gets smoother and smoother. I didn't think this gun could get better but it has. No failures of any kind and I'm running a lot of very cheap ammo through it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Nice shooting!

Just wait till your in the thousands of rounds :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have approximately 800 rounds through mine. The pistol club I belong to has a range specifically with no points. Access to a prop room and freedom to set up the range any way you wish. As an example,one time I set the range up similar to the way the first floor of my house is arranged. Doorways, hallways, doors, any way you can imagine .Anyway, I have been using my fns 9 in these tactical scenarios. Sight acquisition, follow up shots, accuracy, in all ways this gun has performed FLAWLESSLY. The gun itself has gotten noticeably easier to use as it relates to the slide stop. The only complaint I have are with the night sights, I am not a fan and have taken steps to modify the sights. In the future I may replace them.Overall, I enjoy shooting this gun very much, and I only anticipate getting better and better with this gun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great review !! I feel the same about mine,,I have had it almost a year now and it just got better !!! Close to 3K through it ! I will say I have taken some time Off from it,,I have been shooting my 1911 for the last few months,,but when Spring "finally" springs around these parts (Long time coming this year) I'll be dusting my FNS9 off and getting it done,,LOL !! IDPA Season and many other opportunity's to shoot outside are just around the corner !! I agree on the Sights,,the Night Sights are great & it just lays them in there on top of each other,,but I think some kind of Fiber optic will help my Old eyes a bit,especially when we get outside !! Again,,I'm lovin my FNS9 !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts