FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first apologize if this matter has already been addressed perhaps even beaten to death. I received my Recoil/FNH Zeroed magazine and there it is, I've even located an FNH item number 66768. But I can't find one anywhere, Gallery of Guns shows info but none in stock. To me this combo makes perfect sense, I can practice with cheaper 9mm ammo then carry .40 S&W. If a SHTF scenario ever occurs I'm covered either way. I went today to my local Gander Mountain to compare the FNX-40 (already own) and FNS-40 for frame/receiver dimensions and grip angle and found them to be identical with only the extended beavertail on the FNS model as different. Also, the Li'l Lady has now become interested in learning tactical/defense shooting and will be obtaining her CWP so a combo kit makes even more sense. Anyone seen a FNS 9/40 Combo Kit?

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
I haven't seen one in the wild, but with some of the recent deals on the FNS, you could could get two whole pistols for about the same cost.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: According to the 2014 FNH USA Catalog the FNS-9/40 Combo is alive again and shares the same Item #66768. Hopefully they will be available soon, I want one!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
UPDATE: I just spoke with a very helpful and polite young Lady at FNH USA Corporate who informed me the FN 66768 FNS-9/40 has yet to be released -she even apologized for any confusion in previous catalogs- she did put me on the ever-expanding phone/email contact list to be advised when it actually does become available.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the 2014 Catalog FN shows both 9 and 40 in standard and long slide combo kits although there's no item number listed.

I just put a fns-9 on lay away, would love to be able to buy a slide kit in 40 s&w and a long slide in 9mm.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I haven't seen one in the wild, but with some of the recent deals on the FNS, you could could get two whole pistols for about the same cost.
this is what i did. i'm going off memory here but i believe the 9/40 kit was a little north of $1k and i was able to pick up a complete FNS-9 and FNS-40 with night sights on both for less than $850 with the LEO/MIL discount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts