FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get the FNS 9 compact with the stainless slide but no one seems to have any. Has anyone bought a stainless version of the compact yet and if so where.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the same boat...I was talking with a guy the other day and no, they don't offer the FNS-9C with a stainless slide, but...he said, "keep in mind that even though they don't offer a slide with the stainless finish, it's still a stainless slide under the coating"....needless to say, the wheels they are a turn'n...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was wondering if that was they way to go or use a chemical process. Regardless, I would like to retain the "color fill" that would remain in the slide serrations...thinking that, along with the black barrel, would leave a pretty sharp little gun!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was told that the black out sells the stainless by far, so a lot of dealers just bring in the black models, but can order a stainless on special order.....
I don't think this is what's going on. Stainless is so popular with the full-size and other pistols (like XDs) that this is highly unlikely. Someone would have stainless copies if they were readily available. That's an almost 100% certainty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here is a link to the FN site that says its available in stainless.
FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: FNS?-9 Compact
From what my FFL says, their marketing group just kind of "copied and pasted" the information from the FNS-9 version and the slide finish colors were a part of that "C&P"...there may be pictures of them out there, but if they were available, a lot of people would like to have them and so far, I have not seen one anywhere in the store or on-line...yet....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts