FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a Streamlight TLR-4 and was wondering if anyone was able to post any pictures of their TLR-4 on a FNS-9. I was also wondering if I could get some reviews on the light/laser combo. The things I am worried about is the durability of the frame of the TLR-4 and the lasers ability to hold its Zero after being adjusted. I am also open to any other light or light/laser combos. I definitely want a light, the laser is more of a nice to have feature. I do not want to spend more than $150 on a light or light/laser combo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
James, I just got my FNS 9 and I plan on putting my TLR4 on it. I will get you some pics once I figure out which insert it needs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture with the TLR 4 attached using the E insert. View attachment 10451
Thanks for the picture. That looks pretty good on the FNS-9. Does the TLR-4 seem durable? I read that the frame of the light was breaking pretty easy for some people. How well does the laser stay sighted in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problem, let me know if you'd like more. I had a few others but they were too big to upload. IMO the TLR 4 seems suitable for home defense purposes, but I wouldn't consider attaching it for carry. The adjustment screws for the laser are plastic, so I try not to mess with them too much as I've heard of them breaking on people. But I have had no trouble with it so far and it suits my needs. It is pretty much all plastic though so I try not to toss it around like a pair of shoes. The laser stays pretty well zeroed in at one distance. I just switched it from my XD9 to my FNS9 so its a bit off at the moment. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Gdub89. I would like to be able to have a tactical light that is durable enough to stay on my gun at all times. I think I will go with the TLR-1s seeing that the TLR-2 is out of my budget. The laser is not really a big concern for me compared to durability.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My FNS9 is just my home gun and I have the TLR-3 on it. It serves its purpose. I don't plan on doing anything rough with it. I've had TLR-1 on my duty weapon for years and have had no issues. It gets banged around a lot.

·
Banned
21 Posts
If you can go without a laser, since the Surefire x300 Ultra was released, the standard x300s will probably drop in price/go on clearance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I will watch the pricing on the Surefire and see if I can pick one up cheaper. If not I will go with the TLR-1 seeing that I do not want to spend more than $150.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.