FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't recall it being like this when I bought it new. But it kinda looks like the frame is sagging at the front. Reminds of the glock pignose but in the other direction? Doesn't cause any problems but wondering if it will get worse or if its normal. Has about 600 rds through it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have a slight sag at the front of my frame. My FNS-9 has just over 1,200 rounds through it now. Here's a comparative pic (just added the crimson trace this evening):

fns-9-crimson-trace.jpg

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I am beginning to notice this more and more on polymer framed guns. I've compared exact pistols at gun counters, some having a gap, some not.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Fix it with a heat gun or blow dryer and you should be good to go. Supposedly it won't sag after you do that (just what I've heard, never tried it, never needed to on my poly pistols to date)

Reactions: dralison

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fix it with a heat gun or blow dryer and you should be good to go. Supposedly it won't sag after you do that (just what I've heard, never tried it, never needed to on my poly pistols to date)
Having just attached the crimson trace I did have to do a lot of elevation adjustment (up) to get it zeroed. May have to try the hair dryer trick to see if that helps. Thanks for the tip Dan!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having just attached the crimson trace I did have to do a lot of elevation adjustment (up) to get it zeroed. May have to try the hair dryer trick to see if that helps. Thanks for the tip Dan!
Yeah, I had a laser/tac light on mine and it needed a lot of adjustment too. I thought maybe that was causing it to sag so I removed it. It's also interesting to see how mine has a cutout for the safety. Seems like they kinda just patched the safety version lol.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Seems like they kinda just patched the safety version lol.
Probably a removable piece of the mold. I thought that was a little weird as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it may have something to do with the spring being under compression. I noticed my pistol was doing the same thing. I put it together without the spring and the gap was not there. I then checked a brand new pistol and the gap was on the new pistol also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts