FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a large amount of Winchester white box 115gr 9mm at a great price and am curious if the FNS-9 LS will run it. The gun is new and I have had other guns that would not run 115gr ammo when new...or ever.

Any experience?

Thanks in advnance.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My "regular" FNS-9 eats everything and anything I feed it and asks for more.
I don't see why the LS should be any different.
That being said, you may want to pick up a box and run it first before you plunk down a large amount.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My "regular" FNS-9 eats everything and anything I feed it and asks for more.
I don't see why the LS should be any different.
That being said, you may want to pick up a box and run it first before you plunk down a large amount.
Good to know. My FNS-40 will also eat anything I put in it and I regularly run Winchester white box through that. I'll see if the local Walmart has a box and give it a try in the FNS-9.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My regular FNS-9 likes it just fine. I wouldnt worry.

Reactions: Pakmule

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
It's always run fine in my FNP-9.

Reactions: Pakmule

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've used some lighter handloads that were set up for a glock 34 (a lighter slide per the hold it in your hand test) with reduced weight springs. out of 100 rounds one stove pipe and about 3 failure to lock back after the last shot. This was before I read the advice on the forum about breaking in your gun and the gun was brand new. Haven't been able to try those rounds again but I don't foresee any issues after normal breakin. And a nice firm grip:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
For the first 50 rounds I ran 124 GR UMC through it. After that, 115 Palmetto re manufactured ammo. No hiccups whatsoever. I guarantee WWB is loaded hotter than the Palmetto reman ammo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I used to shoot it a lot, and it works fine... I just stopped using it because I started getting batches that were REALLY dirty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts