FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening FNforum,

I've had my FNS-9 for about a year now and I love it. I recently acquired my CCL and am interested in the FNS-9c as a carry gun.

Does anyone know if FNS-9 magazines are totally compatible with the FNS-9c? Is the 17-round magazine that comes with the FNS-9c just an FNS-9 magazine with a sleeve?

I think it would be great to use my 3 FNS-9 mags with an FNS-9c.

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!

:bullets:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sorry to bother you, but in reading about FNS 9 magazine compatibility. I contacted FNH earlier this year via email & asked a similar question. I asked about the FNS magazines working in the 509, and was advised that they would work, but only if new base plates were switched out on all of them. I am wanting to buy a 509, as my FNS 9 is what I carry on duty everyday, and am curious if what I was told was accurate, or if FNH is blowing smoke in my face. Would you have any information about this? Are they backwards and forward compatible?
Thank you so much for your time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am sorry to bother you, but in reading about FNS 9 magazine compatibility. I contacted FNH earlier this year via email & asked a similar question. I asked about the FNS magazines working in the 509, and was advised that they would work, but only if new base plates were switched out on all of them. I am wanting to buy a 509, as my FNS 9 is what I carry on duty everyday, and am curious if what I was told was accurate, or if FNH is blowing smoke in my face. Would you have any information about this? Are they backwards and forward compatible?
Thank you so much for your time.
Fns9 mags and 509 mags are same except the base plates. 509 mags work on fns9 but fns9 mags will not work on 509 without base plate swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW I tried an FNX mag today in my FNS-9C. While it did fit and the slide cycled fine, though I didn't actually fire a round off, it seemed ever so slightly looser than the 17-rnd mag that came with the FNS-9C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts