FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all FNS9 owners, I had to completely take my slide apart to get it TiN Coated. I just put it back together and checked function and I noticed a rattle when it is cocked (with or without a full mag). Can someone rack their slide and shake it around for me to see if they have the same noise so I can stop freaking. It has been 4 weeks since it was back together and I cant remember if it made the noise before (4 weeks cause I had to send it back...long story). Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
It should not rattle!
I agree. I just pulled mine out of the safe. No rattle cocked or not...quiet as a dead mouse.

Reactions: LESTER and jcruz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now you've got me worried. I have the FNX 9mm and it rattles. Hold the gun and push the slide from side to side. Mine is loose and rattles when I shake it, cocked or uncocked. All three of my 1911's are tight as a drum, and always hit what I aim at, not so with the FN. I'm lousy with it. I also have a Browning 9 by "FABRIQUE NATIONALE", made in Belgium and it's also tight and hits what I aim at, no such luck with the FNX 9. I thought it was me, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I may swap it for a Glock. But I've never even fired a Glock. My son is an ex deputy, who carried a 40 cal. and he loves it. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to fire it. Hmmmmmmm!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Now you've got me worried. I have the FNX 9mm and it rattles. Hold the gun and push the slide from side to side. Mine is loose and rattles when I shake it, cocked or uncocked. All three of my 1911's are tight as a drum, and always hit what I aim at, not so with the FN. I'm lousy with it. I also have a Browning 9 by "FABRIQUE NATIONALE", made in Belgium and it's also tight and hits what I aim at, no such luck with the FNX 9. I thought it was me, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I may swap it for a Glock. But I've never even fired a Glock. My son is an ex deputy, who carried a 40 cal. and he loves it. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to fire it. Hmmmmmmm!
It sounds like your problem may be the rails...FNSs (and if I recall correctly, FNXs) have changeable rails, so give that a peek and see if they just need replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.