FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Made a stupid error when refitting the slide an a FNS-9 and was hoping someone here has some advice. I accidentally reinserted the magazine whilst the slide was removed and forgot to remove the magazine before attempting to reattach the slide. Now the barrel will not correctly retract and the slide is in an incorrect position (see image). Has anyone dealt with something similar before, and what you advise?

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

Thanks for the help,

Damocles117

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
Can you retract the slide enough to remove the end cap and take the pressure off the striker? That should allow you to disassemble it. I did something similar with a Glock once, and that got me back in business.

Reactions: dank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately it doesn't appear that is possible as the slide is at its furthest back that it will go already and may be moved 1 cm forward from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the advice and recommendations, they have proved most fruitful. Combining a suggestion to try to pull the trigger while very gently moving the slide backwards and forwards with some percussive maintenance from a mallet I was able to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you for all the advice and recommendations, they have proved most fruitful. Combining a suggestion to try to pull the trigger while very gently moving the slide backwards and forwards with some percussive maintenance from a mallet I was able to resolve the issue.
Look on the bright side; I bet you won’t make that mistake again. 😁

Glad it didn’t break anything or require a trip back to FNH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.