FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in any thoughts or opinions you have comparing the two. I'm in the market for a new 9mm, possibly a full frame, and have narrowed it down to these two with the M&P running a strong 3rd.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I sold an m&p .40 5inch barrel because the round would occasionally catch on the front of the feed ramp and would not chamber...My FNS .40 long slide runs great, although I had a tad bit shaved off the top of the feed ramp to help it feed smoother. The FNS grip is a little smaller than I'd like, but feels pretty good in hand. I've also submersed the FNS in water and it fires reliably...did it about ten times in a row...it works. Also works through sand being tossed on it. Very reliable pistol. I'm betting the Sig p320 will do all this too, AND feel better in hand with the girth of the grip. But, it's an ugly pistol...the FNS looks good....and yes, it matters to me lol. If you have large hands, the Sig would probably fit you better. And I like the trigger pack better than FNS. However, the P320 has a higher bore axis, and although I haven't shot it, I think it's a safe bet the FNS will shoot better recoil wise...FNS has a great low bore axis. I contemplated getting the 320 myself, but I feel confident the FNS shoots softer. My .40 feels like a plus p 9mm, and that's with the hotter self defense rounds too. FN puts heavy springs in their pistols, but they shoot even light loads well. I don't shoot steel cased ammo, but test fired some...it runs that too just fine. Over all, I'm sticking with my FNS. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The FNS 9 is a beautiful looking pistol. I'm hoping that it gets more aftermarket support. Only things I like more about the Sig 320 are the way it fills out the palm of my hand and its modularity. I expect some level of bias, helps me decide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just sold a SIG 250 SC9 to help fund an FNS C9. The SIG 320 is supposed to be a striker fired 250. The 250 was a nice gun but way top heavy because of SIGS slide design. Talking to gun dealers around here the 320 is not selling well. The SIG 228 with it's "folded steel" slide was the best 9mm I've ever owned. When they went to the bulky solid block stainless slide on their guns to handle .40 cal it screwed up the balance for me. The top heavy effect is amplified by the polymer frame on the 250 and I assume the 320.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go to a range and shoot both. I did that and they are both good guns, the FNS fit my hand better and I am left handed so I went with the FNS 9C. Can't wait for it to get here.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Go to a range and shoot both. I did that and they are both good guns, the FNS fit my hand better and I am left handed so I went with the FNS 9C. Can't wait for it to get here.
I did just that, and I too am a left-handed shooter, but for me it was a hands down easy choice when all the two day range drills were finished and in the books - - - P320 Carry. Super Fast speed drills on 2 sec./ 5 shot interface with absolutely Crazy accuracy (and that's from 5 different P320s we tested out there). All this love for it from me and I don't like striker fire handguns! And now??? - I can't shoot this stupid handgun enough! I carry, shoot, and collect USPs. I have sooo many handguns to choose from to carry and bet my life on. For me, my USPs were always top choice (even over my P7s and a couple other handguns that "earned" very high marks from tests we ran over the years) Now what's at work with me this very day and everyday?? (if you think you're surprised, I'm right with you - - but I have to run with the truth. This darn thing amazes me.)

P320 on me.jpg 1 IMG_2822.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
I traded my SIG P250 in to get my FNS 9c. I loved the P250 but I just couldn't get used to the Dao trigger pull. I went into the local gun shop looking for the p320 but they had just sold the last one so I ended up getting the FNS 9c and it's been good to me so far :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Slow fire accuracy from 15+yds (47ft) Shot after shot after shot - same flipp'n hole. (this group was at the end of 2 days of shooting without cleaning it the entire time. 430 rounds through this particular handgun and then it produced this target. 7 rounds on this target.)

IMG_2817.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have both( FNS 9, FNS9C, and a P320), love them all but the trigger on the sig kills the FNS, my 320 is a compact model I prefer the FNS C for carry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a buddy who's an air marshall and he swears by the M&P. I'm heading to the range in 2 weeks to try some of these out.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well, I went to a gun store today, handled the sigp320 compact...Loved it !!! It's a nice pistol indeed. I didn't buy it, but they're open tomorrow...FNS Compact or Sig 320....man seems like the only right answer may be both lol. The Sig's trigger is definitely better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts