FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I bought a brand new FNS-9 earlier this year and it's been nothing short of amazing. It's been super reliable and I haven't had a single issue in the ~3000 rounds I've put through it. I've only shot CCI Blazer, Federal, and Remington UMC ammo and have kept up with a good cleaning and lube schedule (with exception from these photos, since I haven't had a chance to clean it yet). In the last few days I finally noticed some oddities that started appearing.

1. The front frame pin started walking out last week. I've pushed it back in a few times, but it doesn't stay fully in even after 20-30 rounds.
frame_pin_walk.jpg

2. After a session yesterday I noticed the pin in the trigger starting to walk out.
trigger_pin_walk.jpg

3. One of the frame edges in behind the slide rails cracked off (circled in red).
frame_crack.jpg

I purchased it brand new from a respectable dealer and have never had it disassembled. I tried calling FN's customer service today, but had to leave a message for someone to call me back. I figured while I'm waiting I'd check on the forums to see what others thought. I'm sure the pins can easily be resolved, but the polymer crack does worry me a bit.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,159 Posts
Welcome to our lovely Forum!
Since Covid is creating havoc on everything and it's Thanksgiving holiday I'm guessing you will not hear back from them till Monday. if the polymer frame is cracked they will want you to return it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to our lovely Forum!
Since Covid is creating havoc on everything and it's Thanksgiving holiday I'm guessing you will not hear back from them till Monday. if the polymer frame is cracked they will want you to return it
Thanks, glad to join in! I totally forgot the US had Thanksgiving this week. I'll keep note of that while I wait patiently for their call back :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no reply from FN. I ended up having to contact the Canadian warranty company to work with FN to fix this. It's been 2 weeks and FN is still sitting on this from what the gunsmith said.

I hope this isn't normal service that I can expect from FN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts