FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
NEED ADVISE!!!! Bought a FNS-9 with no manual safety, what should I do with it? Is it even legal to own? I own Glocks so I did not know it was supposed to have a manual safety. With 4 built in safety's it does seem a bit over kill. Have not shot it or anything, just have no idea what to do now. I paid top dollar for it too.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The ones without a safety seem to be a little more desirable. Seeing as it is the LEO model you could sell it for a little more than it's worth if you really didn't want it.

Personally, I'd shoot it till it falls apart.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Called FNH and they say I should not have been sold the gun. They practically freaked out on the phone.
Regardless what FNH told you, the pistol is completely legal for the seller to sell or you to buy and own.

I wish they were as proactive in enforcing the blatant scalping of their ammo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I want to keep it as long as the built in safeties are sufficient. At least as good as on a Glock. I like the large opening of the trigger guard, so you can shoot with warm gloves on. But how the hell would you turn off a tiny safety with gloves on? I do have 4 kids and so I am super cautious about my guns. This seems to be the perfect working outside in the winter kind of gun. Glocks do not have room for a glove and this amazing little gun holds 17 rounds. Beats the pants off a Glock 19 but is the same size. My husbands thinks I should take it back, but I kinda want to keep it. I just like 40 S&W cause I can get it easier right now than 9mm. But that could change.... should always be able to buy ammo but maybe not a 17 round mag.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yeah, I want to keep it as long as the built in safeties are sufficient. At least as good as on a Glock. I like the large opening of the trigger guard, so you can shoot with warm gloves on. But how the hell would you turn off a tiny safety with gloves on? I do have 4 kids and so I am super cautious about my guns. This seems to be the perfect working outside in the winter kind of gun. Glocks do not have room for a glove and this amazing little gun holds 17 rounds. Beats the pants off a Glock 19 but is the same size. My husbands thinks I should take it back, but I kinda want to keep it. I just like 40 S&W cause I can get it easier right now than 9mm. But that could change.... should always be able to buy ammo but maybe not a 17 round mag.
IMHO, its already yours, keep it.
Or go get a version with the safety and then sell this one some time in the future.
Or keep it for parts..
Or for your husband..
Or to pass down to your kids..

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think you will like the FN way more as its lighter and has nice light recoil
How does a lack of manual safety result in a lighter recoil? And doesn't lighter weight translate to heavier felt recoil not less?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Weight isn't the only factor in felt recoil. How low the pistol sits in your hand is a big part of it. The FNS sits way lower in the hand than the Equinox. Having had both, the FNS in 9mm has way less than the .40 Equinox.

Ozark Mommy, keep the gun if you choose to, however, you will have NO problem selling it if you choose that route instead.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts