FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My LGS, DK Firearms in Bowling Green, VA got 2 of each. The compacts are in the wild!!! I almost traded a Glock in on it, but holding off a few on it. Comes with 2x12 rnd mags, one with a flat base plate, one with a pinky extension, and a 17 rnd mag. Nice pistol. It's gonna replace my G26/19, but not my G30S. With the flat plate 12 rndr, it's pretty comparable to the 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
It does look pretty sweet. Maybe next year (not tomorrow or anything)....

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
477 Posts
My lgs owner...he's only thinking of me I'm sure...sent pix of the first compact 9 in stock. What a guy!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My LGS is taking them to the Chantilly gun show, which I am pretty sure he'll sell them there. I am holding off for him to get one with night sights and hopefully a safety. I AIWB carry, and would like to have that option for reholstering, though not something I have with the Glock platform. I dry fired it a bunch and liked the trigger reset well enough compared to what I am used to for a carry gun. Now the question is, how's it shoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm really liking the looks of this and I LOVE the 12rd mags with the 17rd with grip extension. My Gen 4 G26 has really grown on me but if this feels as good as my FNS9 it's going to be hard to resist. I'm holding off for range reports and to see what "bugs" surface with this new offering from FNH.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This looks like it might have to be my next gun (after the FNX-9 I have on layaway) but I'm a bit surprised that they give three entirely different magazines with the gun. Having an extended mag is nice, but I wish that FNA/FNH USA would give us the option of whether we want the pinky extension or the flat baseplate on the 12 round mag.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
And my LGS didn't expect them for 8 months...

Good to see them out there! Also kind of cool that they give you the 3 different style mags.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does anyone here own both the FNS-9 and FNS-9c yet? If so, how do they compare shooting-wise?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone around here owns both of them!:biggrin:
Gimme a couple weeks and i'll be right there with you :shock:

Put a deposit down to order my 9c (no night sights, planning on triji HDs on all of my pistols eventually) today, should ship monday and come in by the end of the week.

Street price for me is $480 OTD, which includes my LGS's 10% cut and RI 7% sales tax. Dealer cost is more like 400-410 for models with no night sights. Night sights add another $50, two tone stainless slide adds another $50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys I just recently put a deposit down on a new FNS-40c and I have a streamlight TL-4 light I plan on using on it. If anyone finds a kydex IWB and/or OWB holster for this gun could you please share the link. I know it's a brand new gun but I hope someone comes out with a holster fairly quick. A handgun without a good holster to conceal carry is pretty much useless to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts