FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every shop I've contacted including Midwest Gunworks does not stock FNS Compact magazines or the pinky finger extension. Is there an upcoming release date available?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just received this email reply from FNH USA customer service:

Thank you for your interest in FN products.

We anticiapte the accessories and magazines for the FNS Compact line will be available near the end of May.

Please feel free to check back with us or check our website for updates. www.fnhusa.com

Kind regards,
FNH USA Customer Service

Midwest Gunworks aid they keep their web sales site current, so the compact mags and accessories should go up on as they receive them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the FN cust service number and hung up promptly 15 minutes later. I could only wait so long.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I thought the 17 round magazine was the standard FNS-9 magazine, except for the pinky extension sleeve. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ah, you want the 12 round mag. The FNS-9c comes with a 17-round and 2x 12- round mags, right? That's what the FNH website says, anyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ah, you want the 12 round mag. The FNS-9c comes with a 17-round and 2x 12- round mags, right? That's what the FNH website says, anyway.
Yes. The 17 has a removable grip extension that can be used on any FNS9 17 round mag. Comes in handy at the range since I have both the 9 and 9C.
I use the flush mag for EDC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im a big fan of the FNS, and recently purchased the FNS9 compact. I searched around the net trying to find the pinky rest magazine base to replace the flat one. No luck everyone is sold out. So I started looking for a Plus pad and found no one makes one for the FNS. Some research showed me that the FNS magazine is of similar size and shape to the Springfeild XD mag. Pearce Grip makes a Plus Magazine Extension for the XD model PG-XD. It took minor fitting, I heated with a heat gun for about 30 seconds and it slipped right on. I allowed it to cool, slide it off and reassembled it with the Pearce internals. I now have a plus one magazine with a pinky extension and it works perfectly. Until FN or someone else make a specific model, this is a cheap easy mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im a big fan of the FNS, and recently purchased the FNS9 compact. I searched around the net trying to find the pinky rest magazine base to replace the flat one. No luck everyone is sold out. So I started looking for a Plus pad and found no one makes one for the FNS. Some research showed me that the FNS magazine is of similar size and shape to the Springfeild XD mag. Pearce Grip makes a Plus Magazine Extension for the XD model PG-XD. It took minor fitting, I heated with a heat gun for about 30 seconds and it slipped right on. I allowed it to cool, slide it off and reassembled it with the Pearce internals. I now have a plus one magazine with a pinky extension and it works perfectly. Until FN or someone else make a specific model, this is a cheap easy mod.

Very nice work! I'd wondered who else's mags would work on Fns'. I managed to get enough pinky extenders when they went up on MGW recently or I'd have gone s similar route as you, probably with little success. So kudos!

·
Registered
39 Posts
...what kind of round count & types have you put thru it so far? ...any reliability issues encountered to date?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered two fns 9c 12rd mags and 3 pinky extensions today from Midwest
I'm on the hunt for 40C mags with the extension. Kinda amazed that they're so difficult to find. FN's just pissing their sales away and frustrating their customers......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts